Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
fegunz is the developer and he checks back on the project from time to time.

I have had some issues with gotham 13.2 that I didn't have with 13.1.

I have noticed that my video files don't show up in other places unless they are recognized by The movie database or the tv database but that is part of xbmc.

The other thing I have noticed is that to get the addon to run on movies you have to click the play button on my wmc remote but on tv shows you can hit the big round select button to run the addon on the video file.
I have never gotten it to work on any of my boxes.
Fixed! Sortof... I went ahead and downloaded the last release of "Frodo" and the added movies actually appeared under MuteProfanity>Edit Movies. So the plugin does not seem to be compatible with Gotham?

Anyway now the only thing I need to figure out is why it is not muting anything. I can see the subtitle file and its corresponding .edl file but nothing gets muted.

Ill keep trying.
The author needs to get this fixed. No point in having a non working addon.
Hi

I am trying to add some words to the filter, but I cannot find the file to edit, except in the original zip file. I did edit it there but it does not reflect even after installing it again.

It is installed on Linux Mint. I have searched everywhere for the "script" where the "resources" and "filter" would be found. If the original zip file is edited, and the changes are visible, nothing changed inside XBMC.

Please help
I guess the dev has left the building. This could be a great asset to XBMC but i guess he left. I have not seem him post here in months
I did some testing with this with the movies on a server. I copied the movie to the local machine as the dev suggested earlier and ran the add on. It created the edl file. The movie played with the curse words muted out as it should. I copied the edl to the original folder for the movie on my server. I played the movie from the server and it had profanity muted. If copying to the local machine is an option, this may work for you.

Another option is to install XBMC on the server and the install the add on. Run the add on from the XBMC copy on the server and the edl file will be placed where the client machines can access it.

Workarounds, but they work. #2 is what I am going to do until the add on is fixed to handle servers.
Hi is anyone having trouble with mute profanity again? I am on xbmc frodo 12.3 and when i select a film and says sucessfull watch film on mute profanity and watch it, no swear words are being muted, its muting just before and after as the setting says mute befoe and after swear word but never the swear word its self, i have tried syncing the sub file forward and back but still just mutes before and after the word but never blocks the swear word itsself out, any suggestions or help I'm stuck Tongue TongueHuhAngelBig Grin
As i stated yesterday, its working fine for me on 12.3. I would suggest comparing the time stamps in the EDL file with the time stamps in the srt file. It may be an issue with your srt file.
(2014-11-04, 03:22)skj88 Wrote: [ -> ]As i stated yesterday, its working fine for me on 12.3. I would suggest comparing the time stamps in the EDL file with the time stamps in the srt file. It may be an issue with your srt file.

you just talking about servers I don't have one i just use my own pc & not sure what you mean, as not very good on mute profanity no idea what you mean does not make sense Tongue ^^ i am a rookie Smile it did work a while ago but then just stopped it jut muting now no early to late or not at all, should i try removing addon and reinstall it again as i cannot seen to fix it?
Since this add on does not work as-is for systems with a server back-end, I believe I was giving people a workaround to allow them to use this add-on. I don't think I was stating this add-on only works in server environments. Actually, I think I was saying the opposite - it DOES NOT work in a server environment as it is currently coded, hence my workaround.

Anyways, the srt file and the edl file are both text files. Open them with any text editor and compare the time stamps for srt with those in the edl. The srt will probably be in 'h:mm;ss' format and the edl is just in seconds, so you will need to convert one format to the other. If they match up, the add-on is working as it should.

My hunch is that the srt timestamps are not aligned correctly with the actual times in the movie, therefore the timing of the muting is off. You will need to adjust the times in the edl file to sync them with the movie. Add/subtract a fraction of a second at a time until the muting happens during the curse words. I had to do this with my movies to make them kid friendly.

BTW, you can also use the edl file created by this add-on to skip scenes that are not appropriate (violence, sex). The link below gives you some insight on how to do this. I also did this for my movies and it works well.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/edl.html
All I ever got www script error on 13.1, 13.2
I really wish this could be updated for Gotham. I haven't gotten it to work, and I really want something like this. Please come back, and update this. PLEASE....
Hi,

i haven't tried this addon yet but its something that interests me. Reading the forum backlog, a lot of users are asking about making the plugin work with network shared files.

Is it not possible for the addon to maintain a directory of its own .edl files, named to each title, on the xbmc machine's local storage? Xbmc already has subtitle downloaders, which should save subtitles to a local directory afaik, so this script should be able to 1. Check for subtitles available in the media, if not found 2. Check in the subtitle addon's store path, if not found 3. Attempt to retrieve from online sources.

Generated edl files could then be stored locally for current and future use? Is it not possible to do this?
Will this work on a Jailbroken Amazon fire stick? For streaming content?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15