Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Thanks for this project you have done.
I just wanted to clarify if i downloaded it right.
All I have to do is click on the link that you posted, then it will automatically download the mute-Profanity-master.
After it does this I can watch videos on my computer and the profanity will be filtered.
Is this correct?
Thanks!
I have been able to get this to work with movies, but not with TV Show.

It pulls the metadata perfectly for the TV Shows, but when I ask it to Mute Profanity for the TV Show, it gives me an Error Message " MUTE PROFANITY ERROR" Check the log for more information.

Any suggestions? Would love to get this to work for TV Shows.
Not right now, I'm going to use this, and another link a helper from the www.opensubtitles.com page gave me. if it works I will post it, with the links to all the programs I used.
TV SHOW FIX!!

I finally found a work around for TV Shows because I always get an error where the movies work perfectly:

First I put the TV Show and the subtitle (which I manually downloaded from subscene) in a folder with the same exact name.
Open Kodi and click Video, Files, and click Add videos
Browse to your TV Show folder, click ok to add and ok again
Under Set Content, choose "This directory contains" - Movies, click OK
It will probably link it to some random movie that's ok
Go Up one menu in Videos and Click Video add-ons
Left Click Mute Profanity
Then Click Edit Movies
"Do you want to mute profanity for this movie?" YES
You will finally get SUCCESS!!
Click ok
Now go back three menus on Videos and select Files
Right Click on your TV Show, select Change Content, Now Under This directory contains, select: TV SHOWS, click OK
Do you want to refresh this...YES
This will reconnect all the right info to your TV Show for the META data, but the Profanity is already corrected!
Go back to your Home screen, Go to TV Shows, Click and play Smile

If you want the subtitles off the screen, move your cursor to the lower left, hover over the rectangular shaped button and deselect enabled.

***First glitch I ran into was when a tvshow name didn't line up with a random movie. So my new process is to put my show into a fake Movie Folder with same fake name and run Profanity Add-on, then move it back to TV Show folder, fix name and add to Library as usual. But still, ALL MY TV SHOWS are curse FREE!!! Faster then editing!!
I just logged onto this thread and you say there is a link to get this program running. What is the link?
I don't know if there is a link. I have gotten it to work with TV Shows and Movies!
I am trying to use a profanity filter for Amazon prime movies and can not find one. Help.
Hi! First, thanks for this. It's fantastic and lets me watch stuff with my wife we wouldn't otherwise play.

I'm using the newest version of Kodi and Mute Profanity with Android 4.4.2 on an SM-T800.

The add-on works perfectly with movies, but with TV shows I simply get an error saying "check the log for information." I've poked around, but I can't seem to find it. I saw the earlier thread about a workaround by techymomof6, but that turns my library into a nightmare and it didn't work for me. Am I getting the error because the subs are embedded into the file somehow? I'm not sure how that works, but I've got no .srt files, yet I do have subs. If someone can help me find the log file, I'm happy to upload it. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE
I uninstalled everything and tried again using the workaround from techymomof6 and it worked! Apparently I missed a step.
Ok, I'm learning this as I go, so please don't shoot me.

I had Mute Profanity working, but the timing was off on the subs, and things got messier with every step I took. I decided to start over, but now the add-on doesn't find any videos (afterward I discovered I can shift the subs from within the player).

Here's my process:
System>File Manager>Add Source (from external SD card)
Videos>Files>Add Videos and set content (I've tried Movies and TV Shows)
Videos>Add-ons>Mute Profanity>Edit Movies (or TV Shows)

But no files! I've tried restarting Kodi, reinstalling, changing folders, and "make default". Any idea what it might be? I may soon be in need of a Mute Profanity add-on for real life Big Grin
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted the OP to know that I really appreciate the work he did to create this plugin. Makes it so much nicer to watch movies with the family where the swearing is muted and I'm able to edit the EDL file and skip inappropriate scenes. Noticed the OP hasn't been around for a while but just in case he returns, wanted to make sure I express my appreciation for the plugin.
Yes I agree with tonygyun! Great job creator Smile Been using this almost six months now and in literally 4 secs my shows and movies are curse free!! We have caught up on so many movies we just didn't watch before. I used to edit them manually and it often would take hours, but for a good movie I'd do it lol.

I wrote a work around for TV Shows in October, I am going to try and write it clearer here. It is like two extra steps but we watch alot of TV Shows and it's worth it to my family!
So first for anyone having subs that are off-sync: Every TV show and movie have very detailed names for a reason, I find the srt file that matches the name of my download. So get your video file and before you change the name for your collection, go to Subscene.com (my favorite) or opensubtitles.org. With all the movie/tv show formats, you can't expect Kodi to find the perfect one.

Okay, so I have a folder I keep permanently in my collection called "Pi (1998)" Pi because it's two letters and easy to type over and over lol and 1998 is when it's made.

This is the folder I always use to trick Mute Profanity to edit my TV Shows.

1 - Once I have my TV Show and srt, I give them the same name and open the video in a video player and check the sync of the subtitle. (I use GOM player)
2 - If the sync is good, Highlight the two files and cut, then paste the files into my "Pi (1998)" folder
3 - Highlight both files and rename (I hit CTRL C to copy original name first) and rename to both Pi (make sure you use a capital P)
4 - Open Kodi and then hit the " \ " button, this makes it windowed so you can work with your files easily
A) The first time you are doing this you have to add the Pi folder to your directory.
Videos-Files-Add videos-Browse-(navigate to where you store "Pi (1998)"-click OK - OK again - Hit up arrow to "Movies" - click OK - click Yes
5 - Navigate to Videos - Add-ons - Mute Profanity - Edit Movies - Click Pi - YES - when done you will see "Success!..."
6 - Go back to Pi folder in windows, highlight new Pi files, right-click, rename and Ctrl V will paste your old name back. (if not manually rename it)
7 - Then simply move it to your TV show file and add as TV show to Kodi as usual.

Next time I edit shows, I add all the shows I want to edit to "Pi" doesn't matter how many.
Highlight and rename the first one I want to work with, ctrl C to copy name and rename Pi
with Kodi open the whole time navigate to Videos - Add-ons - Mute Profanity - Edit Movies - Click Pi - YES - when done you will see "Success!..."
Rename back to original and move to your actual TV show file
Go to next file in line and keep going, once you get used to the routine it's quite easy!

These are the settings I have used for Mute Profanity that seem to work the best for me, at first we would hear part of the curse word.
Under General Settings in Mute Profanity: put a circle mark next to "Replace found profanity with **** in subtitle"
-Mute before and after (in MS) we have it set to "506"
Under Blocking Setting: We use Expletives-High, Religious and Deity-Very High, Sexual words-Very High, and Derogatory Terms-High
I have also added many new words to the filter since they keep inventing new curse words like "a**-hat" lol

Hope this makes it more clear how I am using the add-on for TV Shows.
techymomof6, great instructions. I was going to write some instructions, similar to yours, but I used "Harry Potter" instead of "Pi (2008)" to get the plugin to run and create the EDL file for my tv shows. My settings are very high, just like yours so I'll go into the EDL file and remove certain words like "assemble", "assistant", etc. Wink I'll also skip movie scenes that I believe are inappropriate for my family. To do this, I open up the EDL files in something like Notepad. Add the start and end time of the scene and enter the number 3. Voila! Scene(s) skipped.

I've also learned that I can store the folder that contains the movie, .srt and .edl files on my file server and as long as I run it through Kodi, the movies will be muted.
tonygun

Did not know I could skip scenes! I am for sure going to have to try that, seems too easy!
(2016-01-20, 18:47)techymomof6 Wrote: [ -> ]tonygun

Did not know I could skip scenes! I am for sure going to have to try that, seems too easy!

Let me know if you have questions. Happy to share.
Okay wait I got it:

Sample:

19:34 21:22 0
27:03 7:11 0
7:15 7:17 0
###### This section is automatically maintained by the Mute Profanity plugin ######

I usually tab or put five spaces between start, end and zero, but this forum is taking them out in my post lol

I found out I don't have to convert it to seconds and 0 is the code for cut and 3 is the code for commercial break.

Zero seemed to work perfectly, 3 made it a little buggy for me. THANKS!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15