Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stijnopolis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok some things changed.

I bought some focal 807V rears... and a pair of norstone stylum 2 stands to place on.
The subwoofer BK xxls400 FF has gone... and is replaced by a SVS PC12NSD-DSP
Huge difference now !

I also bought some plaids and stuff, which you can see on the pics

(2013-11-03, 07:14)Javlin Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice setup Jealous..

Excuse all my questions... but..

What is the process for those ceiling lights would you have to remove plaster in ordinary ceiling to get them in?
Where do you buy them?
What color/type paint did you use for walls?

Doing up my backroom in this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177154

Would appreciate comments you look like you know what your doing. I don't =)

Will steal many of your idea's unfortunatly Wink

If you want thos stars and you already have a ceiling, then you should work with a fake ceiling...
With some space in between (at least 10 cm height)
You can buy them anywhere...
Congrats on the new speakers and sub.
So does that bring to you to 5.1 or 7.1 ? And plans to expand it even further to maybe 7.2 - 11.2?

I just picked up a SVS PB12 Plus and yes it does make a HUGH difference.

Keep posting pics.
Its 5.1 now.
Perhaps next year 7.1...
It was already an expensive year Wink
LOL
I hear you on the expense. But it sure sounds great. Have you tried playing the grenade scene in World war Z roughly at 1:05:30 in? Did that last nite with the new sub and felt like I had bass shakers in my couch.
I've already seen world war z, but not in the dedicated yet.
Will try that scene, one of these days Smile
Awesome! But,..I had some Questions:

- Not sure where you live, (US North, South, Europe), but depending on the climate,....doesn't it either bake or freeze up there? Didn't see any heating or cold air ducts.
- Being that you actually have to "go to the attic" to watch a movie, does that sometimes make you feel too lazy to actually go up there? Meaning do you sometimes find yourself watching a movie downstairs instead of trudging upstairs.
- How do you handle bathroom breaks, food runs when watching with other people,...i.e. you've locked the door so there's no escape until the movies over?
Can I live with you? The room turned out great!
(2013-11-06, 07:23)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Can I live with you? The room turned out great!

Thx hehe

(2013-11-05, 15:51)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! But,..I had some Questions:

- Not sure where you live, (US North, South, Europe), but depending on the climate,....doesn't it either bake or freeze up there? Didn't see any heating or cold air ducts.
- Being that you actually have to "go to the attic" to watch a movie, does that sometimes make you feel too lazy to actually go up there? Meaning do you sometimes find yourself watching a movie downstairs instead of trudging upstairs.
- How do you handle bathroom breaks, food runs when watching with other people,...i.e. you've locked the door so there's no escape until the movies over?

- belgium, europe Wink its winter now, still no heating required..
- no.. I only watch series downstairs.. Movie anb blockbusters in the dedicated.. That way the big screen for movies keeps impressing me
-i take food and drinks up the attic
Just out of interest, hows the projector fan noise with it that close to the seat?
OK, now I need to ask...

How on earth did you get that Sofa up there? I do not see windows nor is that hole in the floor big enough.
I want one!
(2014-01-10, 20:59)j1nx Wrote: [ -> ]OK, now I need to ask...

How on earth did you get that Sofa up there? I do not see windows nor is that hole in the floor big enough.

i think it fits true the hole,
perhaps if you take out the steps.
or the couch has a option to be dismateld
(2014-01-10, 13:00)zag Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of interest, hows the projector fan noise with it that close to the seat?

You cant hear the projector, the only thing you hear (slightly) is the htpc running at the back (against the wall) but that is very slight and during movie not even mentionable

yes it is big enough
It's a sofa from ikea Wink so i had to put it together myself Smile

(2014-01-10, 21:59)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]

i think it fits true the hole,
perhaps if you take out the steps.
or the couch has a option to be dismateld

true -> ikea Wink
Man, this is badass. Not much seating, but the setup is perfect.
This is awesome!!!! This is happening in my attic now I have seen this! Looks awesome buddy.

Just got to convince the missus that its a good idea Wink

Hows it looking these days? Much changed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5