Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Controllers dont work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i downloaded a new update to the xbox media center. i put it in my c: drive. now my controllers dont work. whats wrong?
you didnt update the rest of xbmc in your home directory (specifically keymap.xml)
or the xbe wasn't properly updated (renamed from default.xbe to whatever the bios boots).
i can see the updated xbox media center and it looks sweet. i cant figure out why the controllers wont work. if someone could. some one posted that i didnt do all of it. if someone can give me a quick walk through of stuff i didnt do.

this is what i did:
downloaded the new xbox media center update
burned it to a cd
installed it in my c: drive on my xbox
rebooted and then the problem started
how did you install it in c:?

did you forget to rename default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe (or whatever your bios boots)?

two options as mentionned already... you are running new xbmc with old xbe or your keymap isn't updated.

i'm guessing the first option.
ok i found where that file is. now how do i update this. is there a document i can get?
well i figured if i downloaded a new update it would all be fixed. and again i was wrong. i loaded it into the xbox. the update is 12-18-05 . it goes into the xbox media center and i guess they have a loading sound now. i had a very old version of xbox media center. well now i cant view anything. i was thinking of starting over cause i think this is just very messed up. i have a xecuter 2. where can i obtain all the files to start over. or for the xboxmediacenter.xml do i have to specify what kind of chip/bios i am using? ive never done this myself. i had my friend do it and i havnt gotten a hold of him.