Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to display unscraped movies in Movie tab?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I just ran XBMC and ran into the problem I recall seeing before, XBMC scraper simply skipping movies when it does not match it with the tmdb/imdb, and totally ignoring, not even listing them in "Movies" tab.
With 200+ movies, there will be few bound to have mismatch or unable to locate movie info, how am I going to catch which ones are missing? Shouldn't XBMC tell the user "Hey, I cannot find info for these, but I am adding them to Movies tab, so you can manually search for matching titles or edit them" or is there another tab/add-on that I can install to filter out the movies that were not scraped?
Couple of ways to locate movies that didn't get (or haven't yet been) scanned into your library:
  • Use the Missing Movie Scanner: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118263
  • Use the Videos > Files view to look in your movie files folder.
    • Movies that aren't in your library will not have artwork or metadata associated with them. Use the Thumbnail view to more easily spot them.
    • If you enable the option "Replace file names with library titles", the unscraped movies will be the ones displayed with the actual file name (even more evident if you also enable the option to show file extensions). Use the List view to more easily spot them.
(2013-07-16, 21:11)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of ways to locate movies that didn't get (or haven't yet been) scanned into your library:
  • Use the Missing Movie Scanner: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118263
    • Movies that aren't in your library will not have artwork or metadata associated with them. Use the Thumbnail view to more easily spot them.
    • If you enable the option "Replace file names with library titles", the unscraped movies will be the ones displayed with the actual file name (even more evident if you also enable the option to show file extensions). Use the List view to more easily spot them.

i didnt know that addon existed!
Great addon!
Thx
(2013-07-16, 21:11)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of ways to locate movies that didn't get (or haven't yet been) scanned into your library:

Thanks, this is awesome, I will look into the add-on right away. It should be easy to test since I am trying XBMC on my laptop now.
With Files view, it is a bit pain when you have multiple folders. All suggestions are really great ones, and the add-on works and lists the movies, although it would be really great if we could somehow highlight the unscraped movies in List view, maybe gray them out or put them red. Anyway to play with source codes to achieve this?

While staying on this topic, I just want to ask another related question;
Is there a way to display sets and individual movies in same list? When I turn on Sets it hides all single-movies.
Found the setting, "Group Movies in Sets" Blush
I also found another benefit of "Movies": Sets.
Also, even with above add-on, you still need to write down the movies (if there are too many) and then go back to Files to correct the names and then let it match. There is no way to use Missing Movie Scanner to scrape movies because there are no options. I would still vote for modification of the source to somehow highlight the unscraped movies in File list (if it can decide to show the full file name with extension, it should be able to display it in different color/etc.)
With missing movies scanner you can get it to write a list of unscraped files to a text file, which is easier than writing them down Smile
Awesome. It does have a log option. Smile But I still hope we can have a distinguishing mark in file list like color/etc for video files without data, additionally XBMC asking when there are multiple results in movies and not be so picky and sensitive when there are trailing words in the file name. I have "Goofy Movie 1.avi" yet it failed to recognize it as "A Goofy Movie" and simply skipped it.
In file mode they are easy recognized because they don't have any artwork or info attached
(2013-07-17, 16:49)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]In file mode they are easy recognized because they don't have any artwork or info attached

Yes, that was already mentioned but we are assuming a user has tens of folders or personal organization system in sub folders, etc in different drives that he/she pulls together in "Movies".
Unless.. is there a way to pool all Vieoes/Files in a single "Master" list in XMBC? Like "ignore folders" and list all files in Library on a single screen? Or possibly another View option, "List, Big List, All Files, Thumbnails, etc.."