Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MX1 USB issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I've got an MX1 running j1nx beta 2. I have a plugin that should allow writing to USB media but it keeps failing. The log is showing it can't write. Any ideas? Is writing disabled by default in XBMC?
Permissions?
Permissions on what? Sorry fairly new to this!
Check the permissions on the USB device to be sure you have read/write access to it.
I have no issues on windows with it. Tried 2 devices. Or is there settings with xbmc? I assume it can write to ntfs?
It most likely has to do with the operating system (some Linux flavor, I presume, since you've posted here) rather than with the application (XBMC)... and NTFS may well be the issue. As a quick test, try with a USB drive formatted to FAT32.
Yup, it only likes fat32. Not very handy for large files. Yet it reads ntfs ok.
You can always format your drive for ext3 or ext4 in Linux natively to handle your large files and ensure Linux compatibility. Also, there are ways for Linux to write to NTFS partitions. You may want to Google for your particular Linux distribution and the term "NTFS write" to find hints.