Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add a movie manually to a smart playlist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

i created a smart playlist for all my Disney movies, with the Rule: "Movie Studio" contains Walt Disney.
Almost every movie is added instantly to my playlist, except for 6 of them.
These ones probably won't have the Movie studio in their metadata. so they are not added to the playlist.

My question is:

Can i manually add a movie to the playlist?
Or do i have to modify the metadata for the movies manually, and if so, how?
First, verify that is indeed the reason those six movies aren't picked up by your smart playlist. Open the content menu for each of them and check the movie information to see if a studio is specified. If there's no studio, you can create nfo files for each of the movies and provide the studio name. On the movie information page for each of these movies, select Refresh and allow it to use the local information.

If you are using The Movie Database to scrape your movie information, you can be a good citizen and register for an account at themoviedb.org and update the profiles of these six movies and add the studio name.
(2013-07-18, 00:30)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]First, verify that is indeed the reason those six movies aren't picked up by your smart playlist. Open the content menu for each of them and check the movie information to see if a studio is specified. If there's no studio, you can create nfo files for each of the movies and provide the studio name. On the movie information page for each of these movies, select Refresh and allow it to use the local information.

If you are using The Movie Database to scrape your movie information, you can be a good citizen and register for an account at themoviedb.org and update the profiles of these six movies and add the studio name.

Thanks!
I exported the library to separate files and added the info in the .nfo files.
Now they are in the right playlist.
I also created an account at ThemovieDB, and added the movie studio as well!