Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Widescreen problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all fullscreen movies i try to play look like widescreen (there are the letter boxes on both top and bottom of my screen).  and when i play widescreen movies they just add on to the existing letter boxes and make the movie entirely too narrow.  is there any way to fix this?  i appreciate the help.  thanks.

xbox version: 1.2 or 1.3
xbmc version: 1.0
bios: x2 v5035
chip:  xenium ice solderless
turn off widescreen in the ms dash if you don't have a widescreen tv.

you can press y while the movie is playing and it'll tell you whether it's using a widescreen mode or not.
my xbox isn't in widescreen mode.

sorry, i should've stated that in my post above.
it must be some kind of setting in xbmc, since my xbox is not in ws mode, right?

calibrate using settings > my videos > calibration
that's still not it. Sad

i calibrated as tall as it would go and i still get the widescreen letterboxes on fullscreen movies and double-sized widescreen letterboxes on widescreen movies.
1. press y

2. dump here exactly what you see on screen. i can guarantee you that xbmc is scaling things correctly.
pressing y while a video is playing only brings up the osd. i don't get any further information.
i'm sorry, i didn't realize you had version 1.0 (!!!Wink of xbmc. that must be getting close to 2 years old!

i suggest first and foremost an upgrade.

and pressing start rather than y will likely do the trick with a version that old.
i upgraded to the latest build i could find (xbmc cvs 2005-12-11).

this is what i get when i press "y":
view mode: normal
sizing: [656,272]->[647,232] (zoom x1.00) ar2.41:1 (pixels:1.00:1)
720x480 ntsc 4:3 | no soften | flicker filter: 1

still get the letterboxes on fullscreen movies and double-sized letterboxes on widescreen movies.
you should get letterboxing on what you just posted. its a 2.41:1 source.