Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Fatal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i try to load xbmc and i get this error (with a black screen and red letters)

xbmc fatal error
t:\settings.xml, line 0
failed to open file

--followed by the ftp server starting...
i installed the newest build of xbmc, checked the xboxmediacenter.xml file many times, restored the c drive and reinstalled xbmc, all to no avail. i'm desperate, please help!!
it seems to not be able to open up your settings. ftp in and delete the e:\tdata\0face008 and e:\udata\0face008 directories.
thanks for the quick response.

i deleted e:\udata\0face008, but when i try to delete the folder from tdata, my ftp programs gives me the following error:

the filename provided is not being accepted by the server. check for invalid characters and try again.

i clicked the details button on the error box and got this:

command:> rmd 0face008
553 requested action not taken.
error:> access denied.
are you using command line ftp? the standard ftp rmd command will not remove a folder unless its empty. go into the folder and delete all the items first.

there are no files in e:\tdata on my xbox. it just gives that error when i try to delete the folder.
delete files in the the e:\tdata\0face008 folder, not in the e:\tdata folder.
sorry, i meant the e:\tdata\0face008 folder.

under udata, there were files and i deleted the folder successfully, but when i do the same thing for the tdata\0face008 folder, there are no files in it and i cannot delete the folder.
i just tried to delete the folder using boxplorer too, but it also gave an error. it seems like this folder is locked or something.
yeah, thats why xbmc wont load. it needs to read and write to that folder. try renaming it.

** edit **
you can also try deleting it with the ms dash by deleting the xbmc "save game"

renaming it did the trick. thanks a lot, it was driving me crazy.