Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No audio on mobile devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm a noobie to not only xbmc but also to Linux so please forgive what may be silly questions.

I've installed XBMC (12.2, May 2nd 2013), on my Ubuntu (13.04) , and I've installed the XBMC remote app (v 1.3) on my iPad.

My assumption was that XBMC would stream the audio files to the ipad so the audio would play on the ipad (That's what happens when I connect to XBMC from my smart TV and blu ray player - they play the audio locally). However on the ipad (and on my windows phone 8 device) I get no audio. The play time for the track is displayed, and increments as the track is played, so it thinks it's playing, but no audio is heard.

Is this an incorrect assumption? is the iOS remote app only a remote control , and not a listening device?

I have no sound card on the Ubuntu box, and maybe that is the problem, but I do get audio on the other devices in the house, so I'm confused by the inconsistency.

Oh, one other thing, XBMC won't leave full screen mode - I switch to "Windowed" but I just get a blank screen for about a minute, then the full screen XBMC returns. What do I need to do?

Thanks all,
John.
Um Yeah that remote app is just that a remote than you can use to control a device running xbmc.
You can install XBMC the full blown application on your iPad and connect to your content that way and play it locally if your content is shared on the network that is.

Other devices are probably using upnp to play content that is on your xbmc system.

here is a link on howto install XBMC on your idevice:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...iPod_touch