Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvCard disapears after first shutdown.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Im having some kind of problem with xbmc and my tvcard (tbs6618 dvb-c). It works fine after i install xbmcubuntu and its drivers, the problem is, when i shutdown the htpc and turn it on the next day the card doesnt load up.
I reboot and reboot and reboot.... and after a few tries it goes on again. What could be the problem?
the command dmesg shows what is going on with loading drivers.

xbmc does not directly use tuner cards though. What PVR backend are you using?
I'm using Tvheadend, dunno what it could be. Cause after e few restarts, or if i shutdown and turn it on again, it would start fine... if i do dmesg | grep tbs or dmesg | grep dvb when it disapears it shows nothing, when it loads it shows me all the info of the card, as it should.
Try updating the v4l-dvb drivers or Linux kernel.
Well after a few time with this problem i noticed when in bios that the card wasn't detected.... So contacted asrock, and they sent me a new firmware to update my motherboard. Seems the problem could be hardware compatibility and nothing wrong with xbmc nor tvheadend.

Lets see if the new firmware solves the problem.
The mention of firmware reminds me that most tuner cards have firmware that is loaded when the drivers are loaded during boot. Sometimes to have the tuner card firmware load properly you need to do a cold boot, rather than a warm boot.