Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a volume amplification feature for mp3 playback?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the volume amplification feature for all videos, but the music playback is really low. I don't see anything like the volume amplification in videos for music playback -- is it there and I'm just not seeing it? Or is it a setting somewhere else?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm really trying to avoid using iTunes for my music. Thanks in advance!!
It is not there and would destroy the music. The amplification does a poor mans audio compression (meaning making the peaks in loudness as even as possible). We just don't want this when playing music. I would try to find out why your volume is so low instead.
(2013-07-23, 08:26)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]It is not there and would destroy the music. The amplification does a poor mans audio compression (meaning making the peaks in loudness as even as possible). We just don't want this when playing music. I would try to find out why your volume is so low instead.

Saying it would destroy the music is a little extreme, I think. The fact is that compared to the strength of the sound for videos, the music is shockingly low, and quite weak. I'm running a MacBook Air and everything EXCEPT music in XBMC sounds great. A lot of users have pointed this out so it's not so strange a request. The fact that you don't even have an equalizer makes me wonder about the zealotry involved with this issue. It just seems silly. I've since switched to itunes for music, and as much as I was hoping to avoid that, the sound, after struggling with XBMC, is like coming up for air.

Actually, just tried Boom for MAC. Working great so far. If you're on a mac and not liking the low level of XBMC music, give it a try. Now my roommates can stop asking me if the music I'm playing is intended for humans or dogs.
Mhhh and you are sure that the volume in xbmc is turned up 100% (+ and - keys). There is no real reason why music should be lower in volume on xbmc.

Beside that - it WILL destroy music. Just read up what audio compression will do if you are interested. It completly changes what the music author wanted the music to sound like by just smoothing out any volume dynamics.