Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help! f drive disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried to update xbmc via ftp, but the transfer got interrupted... when i restarted the xbox and tried to run xbmc, i'm getting a blank screen with:

xbmc fatal error
missing <home> tag etc.

then it starts the ftp server. i assume some files in f:/apps/xbmc are missing so it can't start the application - but the strange thing is: when accessing the xbox via ftp now, the f drive with apps & the xbmc installation is missing completely. i got c, d, e and q, which seems to be the same as c.

what can i do to regain access to the f partition and finish the xbmc update? :help:
the q: drive is mapped by xbmc to your home location, if running as a dash, it'll be mapped to c: until the "home" tag is read. you may be able to "cd \f:\" even though its not listed. if not, you'll need to boot another dashboard that provides ftp access to correct it.

it sounds like you're running as a dash. first double check your xboxmediacenter.xml file. it sounds like you may have copied over the default one. make sure your home tag is set to f:\apps\xbmc.
first, thanks a lot for the quick reply... really appreciate any help.

the home tag was indeed missing, but even after filling in the correct path, i still got the same "missing or invalid" message and i couldnt access f via ftp...

now i put a fresh copy of avalaunch on, and yay, f is back. Wink thanks again!