Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cant set xbmc to 720p. always get a black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
i try to change my xbmc to 720p, but the screen always goes dark and the xbox freezes.

i did the following:
1. switch the xbox to ntsc with the video mode selector disc.
2. activated 480p, 720p and 1080i in ms dashboard
(my evolution-x dashboard now sends a 480p signal (beamer info page), but the xbmc sends only '480/60i')

whenever i try to go above 'ntsc 4:3' in 'settings' the screen goes dark and stays that way. the xbox freezes every time.

i even tried to reset these values:
3. reset 'overscan compensation' and 'pixel ratio adjustment' according to this topic. although i do not have a 4:3 screen. (maybe this is the error?)

now what can i do to stop this madnessHuh
480i is so horrible on my beamer. please help.

ps: xbox attached via ms hd av pack from ms and component cables to the beamer (vpl-hs60). the xbmc is an older release: xbmc-2005-01-15. but i will upload the 2005-12-18 now and then try again.

should this not help, what can i doHuh

[edit] new release is 12-18 not 12-11. changed in text Wink

[update]
ok, as i still think it has something to do with the settings, i deleted face008 from u- and t-data. now the xbmc doesn't even start anymore. anyone got any ideasHuh

i'll delete the whole thing now and upload a whole new one now.

ok, an old xbmp i had on the box now doesn't start either.
i'll go to sleep now and hope there will be some answers here later today (it's 1am cet).

ps yes, i did delete the udata and tdata face008 and i tried clicking both sticks while loading. but the xbox still freezes when i start xbmc or xbmp...
ok, the restart problem is solved.

1. reset xbox to pal with enigmah videoselector disc
- didnt start
2. locked my hdd. don't know why i did it, always wanted to but never did (in 4 loooong years).
- now it starts...
f*ing amazing hahHuh

now i'm back on the same topic... putting my baby to 720p.
i'll report back later, as all the others who will have the same problems in weeks from now, will surely want to read how i did it Wink

great, now i could go back to the video selector and put it in ntsc mode. as soon as i started xbmc-cvs-2005-12-11, it showed presented me with 1080i. yeehaw.

which didn't look to good either, because all the writings were soooo small. so i put it in 720p, now it works fine Wink

tnx for all the help. bye all.