Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ouya Not Finding UPnP Servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to get a persistent UPnP streaming server working from my laptop to my Ouya running XBMC, but have had no luck. Plex Media Server seems to work initially when I add it, but fails to reconnect when I restart XBMC or the hardware itself. Server software like Homestream and PS3 Media Server aren't even recognized by XBMC, and Windows Media Player is recognized, but cannot open any media directories. These solutions work for my other media streamers in my house (PS3, Samsung Smart TV, etc.), but not on my XBMC Ouya. Any ideas on what to do?
A common cause of UPNP issues is wireless signal quality or router issue, particularly if the router is bridging between wireless & wired networks. Can you test with both laptop and Ouya on wired network connection? (assuming one or both are on wirelessSmile)
Try TVMobili or Mezzmo both have a specific XBMC compatibility profile in case it's an issue with the UPnP/DLNA server.

If they don't work (and those two do work normally) then you've got some other problem either network related or the build of XBMC on the Ouya.