Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I move a submenu item to the main menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Aeon MQ4 for my main system and I love it! Awesome job! I was thinking about adapting it to my music jukebox system as well. What I am hoping to do is disable all the main menu items. I would then like to move some of the submenu items that are currently found under the Music menu up to the main menu. So instead of the main menu having Videos, TV Shows, Pictures, Weather, it would have Artists, Albums, Genres, Playlists, Videos, and Top 100. That way only the music related items show up in the big main menu. How can I go about doing this?

I am hoping if I can set it up and use all the lovely artist visualizations that are added to the playing albums, I can then just enter it into kiosk mode and have a nice running jukebox. Would something like this be possible?

Thank you again.
If you enter the music library it should show you a list of all of the categories you listed above (Artist, Album etc).

Highlight one of these, press C to enter the contextual menu, and select ‘add to favourites’. Do this with all the categories you want on the main menu.

Now you can add all of these items to your main menu through the customization menu, and remove all the existing ones too.

If your not sure how to do this, follow the relevant parts of this tutorial.
Samu-rai,

Thank you very much for the reply! I will give that a try.
I was able to get most of the items added. Some of them took a few times of deleting and re-adding before they would show up correctly. However one item I can not get to work is the Search to show up on the main menu and work. Most of the time when I add it, nothing happens and it does not show up. The few times I got it to show up on the main menu the search keyboard does not show up when clicked on it. When I click on search in the Main menu, it shows up with the album view, but without any info or text. Just blank panels.

Any ideas how to add search to the main menu and have it work?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Also I noticed, which may be related, if I set Search as the Music Default in the context menu, it will not load when I click Music. I can only get it to load correctly if I mouse over Music, drop down to the sub-menu and choose it from there.
I don't think you will be able to add the search button as a main menu item without altering the skin code. Not with the method I described above anyway.