Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sharing Pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to use my xbmc to store all of my pictures. The only problem is, I have and Iphon 5 and an android, that both have picutres on them. I need to find a was to backup or send pictures from my phones to the xbmc server. I am not sure how to go about managing pictures for phones and my xbmc server. Any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks
This might have some solutions: Syncing and sharing (wiki)
No thoes addons will not work because I do not want to put or sync my picture out to the internet. One of the biggest reasons why I setup my own server is because I like to keep control of my data. I need something that can sync, backup or copy images over wifi to my xbmc ubuntu server.

Maybe there is an option that does not involve xbmc. Is there a way to sync pictures to a folder structure in Ubuntu and then I can just import that folder to xbmc?

Just a thought to maybe start an idea.
Set up a shared LAN folder for pictures, possibly with subfolders for each device
Install sync apps on each device to copy content to the LAN folder.

other things to look at include dropbox like tools, maybe BTSync
do you know of any sync apps for iphone or android?
I believe Dropbox, BTSync, and many others have apps for mobile devices. I've only used dropbox, but I'd say BTSync would make more sense as it doesn't have the cloud storage portion. Search for sync apps on our device.