Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo hates me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just curious as to whether anyone else has had the same issues as me regarding updating to Frodo??

I tried updating to frodo on my old windows box when 12 was first available out of beta. completely hosed my install, would never load, wouldn't reinstall & wouldn't allow me to go back & load eden... ended up wiping out that machine & loaded xbmcbuntu, which until 2 nites ago worked like a champ.

I had waited a few months to see if a more stable release would become available, and frodo 12.2 seemed to be it. tried updating from the command line, hung up @ configuring grubpc and again, corrupted my install... tried to reinstall by booting to an install disc-- upgrading 11 -> 12 didn't work, nor did erasing 11 & installing 12... kept getting a critical error for dpconf during install that wouldn't allow xbmc to load.

getting annoyed at this point, as many of the working addons I had previously have since been updated to frodo-only in the repos and I cant seem to find any older versions of those addons to get them working again [sigh]
Copy your user data, do a fresh install and then copy your use data/system edits back. BTW, updating only xbmc has nothing to do with grub,
tried that, get that dpconf error during install.
Not sure about that error. You can always try Openelec.
yeah someone on XBMCHUB mentioned that, got an error trying to install that one as well, unable to mount the usb....

just reinstalled eden, and got that all set back up, kinda frustrated with the whole thing now, will probably just run eden until nothing supports it anymore, then backup everything & try updating to whatever version is available at that time.
It seems you are not upgrading just xbmc, but half your system with it.

You could just backup your userdata somewhere else or export your library, and install a new xbmcbuntu CD with frodo, then readd your sources.
tried that just a few minutes ago.... got halfway through the "copying files" part of the install & hung up (just went to a blank blue screen).

giving openelec another go, going to try to install an older version & update that... fingers crossed!
soooo.... thinking I may have found a workaround. found a new installer here: http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/xbmcbuntu-13-04-...idia-only/

it's still installing, but it's made it farther than the openelec, frodo 12 or 12.2 installers...
(2013-07-27, 07:09)sthomas13 Wrote: [ -> ]soooo.... thinking I may have found a workaround. found a new installer here: http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/xbmcbuntu-13-04-...idia-only/

it's still installing, but it's made it farther than the openelec, frodo 12 or 12.2 installers...

yes! the installer from the link above did work for me, and I know have Frodo installed with all my addons working again!