Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apple media centre?? I asked about xbox one. Or more simply put asked about it possibly ending up on another platform (that being the new xbox one) as it already appears on OS X, iOS, android, Windows and raspberry pie and the xbox 360 I believe. And I never said the was a version for a yet to be released console. I simply asked if the XBMC Team would be able to negotiate a release on the xbox one buy discussing it with microsoft or maybe as an app or somehow thru the developer program. Now i believe answering my question with a yes or no (and only if you have direct knowledge) is the preferred method of this forum. sarcastic, snarky, rude and ignorant responses are not needed and unnecessary.
no it won't happen (or at least very very very unlikely)
XBMC has never been on the xbox 360.

If you had any idea of the volume of "will XBMC run on this console" posts we've had, you'd understand why we act this way. Actually, you'd be wondering why we were acting so nice. It answered in two FAQs (wiki), has a sticky post explaining why it won't happen in the feature request forum, and has been specifically answered about the Xbox One at least a dozen times already. It was even our last April Fools Day joke (at least in context to working with Microsoft).

We hacked our way onto iOS, and all the other OSes are free to develop on and don't require approval. You're asking if we're going to sit down and talk to *Microsoft* and ask them if we can make a competing media player software for their hardware?

I totally understand that. But was Microsoft offering developer id's for the 360. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. This seems to be a rare and valuable opportunity. I've been to the Plex forums and read about the guys progress.
Pages: 1 2