Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [solved].nfo file for single untaggable song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
So if I wanted to add a single song to my library that the scraper surely can't identify because it is e.g. a mix or record of my own, how would I do that?
I know you can create .nfo files for single videos or music videos and they showed up correctly in the library. But after googling and looking through the xbmc wiki it seems that for music files all you can use are artist.nfo and album.nfo, is that correct? If so, how could I specify a certain file as being part of an certain album in an album.nfo?
After searching on the internet for ages I now see where the problem is. The file I'm trying to get added to the library is a .aac file. It's playing fine when played via file mode. I tagged the file I wanted to add with mp3tag. The tag is visible in mp3tag but is neither recognized by xbmc nor by foobar2000. foobar2000 tells me it is unable to save a tag to this file.

So, is there a way to add an item to the library that I am unable to tag?

[EDIT]:
Solved my problem. All I had to do was to put the .aac files in question into an m4a container, then i could place tags and every file was scanned to the library.

Sorry for the double post Big Grin