Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: setting up in car XBMC for 2 kids, nearly there but stuck at the last hurdle...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
keep it short and sweet and hope to pique someone's interest Smile

2 kids, (4 and 2 years old) - XMBC is a life changer as the UI is so graphical they can navigate through series and episodes with ease. Currently on various home systems.

Now I want to migrate this to the car - iPad mini x2 already owned, not yet JB (wait for 7.0 I guess Wink but not sure about how best to control playback. Velcro headrests so the kids can't reach themselves and playlists don't really work as you know how kids change their minds all the time Smile

I run Constellation on the iPhones which would be ideal but without wifi (can you get device to device portable wifi? probably going to buy a wi-drive of some type to consolidate the TV, but don't think the phones can reach the pads via it?)...

what options would anyone recommend to save me or the missus crawling in the back seats every 10 minutes? Smile

many thanks

Woz
Once you jailbreak you can use something like PDAnet to make one of the iPads into a router. It will think it's sharing an internet connection, but even without anything to share, it should still act like a router/network.

XBMC currently has partial support for bluetooth controllers, but only for immediate playback (play/pause, next/last (in a playlist), volume). So using an iphone or other smartphone type device is currently your best bet for remote control.