Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recently added based on video type?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has been discussed multiple times and I actually prefer the new recently added functionality. But I only prefer it for tv shows as it doesn't make as much sense to me for movies (given how I acquire them through the magical ferries of the internet but lets not get into that). Sometimes I decide to add an old movie to the library and for obvious reasons of it being old and created a while ago you won't see it in recently added.

I know I can disable this new way of showing these videos via this method.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...t_of_order

But what I was wondering is, is it possible to have tv shows work with the new functionality while movies work the old way based on when they were added to the library?
The best you can do right now is change the advancedsettings value and then scan in just TV shows, then switch the AS setting again and scan in just movies.
(2013-07-27, 03:31)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]The best you can do right now is change the advancedsettings value and then scan in just TV shows, then switch the AS setting again and scan in just movies.

Thanks for the recommendation but it seems impractical to do that though if that's the only option then that's the only option lol. Thanks for the reply anyways. Maybe down the line if you guys feel its worth the effort you can add it in as a feature. I know plex has the option to display both recently added and recently released but of course plex is nowhere near as good as Xbmc IMO Tongue either way keep up the excellent work and thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.
Yeah, I imagine that would be the next logical choice, to record both file date and actual-scanned-in date, and manipulate the data from there.
I was just curious if there has been any update on this? I know its not a major concern and you guys have better things to do for XBMC, like I said just curious.