Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I import a TV show into library with pyTivo metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a TV show local to my country that I have extractec from my PVR and transcoded into .mkv format and I want to import it into my xbmc library.

XBMC has picked up the show from my video folder, but I can't find a way to import the episodes into the library because there is no online source of episode metadata. I don't really care how the episodes get organised within xbmc, I just want the episodes in the library and the library view to display the episode information.

I have the episode metadata from my PVR in pyTivo .txt format but I can't find a way to get this into xbmc.

I can't find a utility to convert from pytivo .txt metadata to xbmc .nfo metadata.
I can't find a scraper or import option in xbmc to read the episode metadata from the pytivo files.
I created the episodes in .mp4 format with the episode metadata embedded in them but xbmc still didn't want to import the episodes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brad.