Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Show Tittle information missing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XBMC has started to not to populate episode tittle information. started to occur randomly all of a sudden. I have tried to re scan and update library but that dies not work. some episodes don;t show up at all. any ideas??

If you open the context menu for an episode and select "Episode information", are the episode title, plot, date, etc. displayed?
Nope,

I had to do manual refresh and ignore local data for the information the show. which is odd, since the data does not refresh when the library is updated.

also seems to be hit or miss. some episodes are ok other are not. take a look from another season.

Note. - all files are names properly. i.e "The Big Bang Theory-S01E11-The Pancake Batter Anomaly.avi"

(2013-08-01, 21:08)ylafont Wrote: [ -> ]I had to do manual refresh and ignore local data for the information the show.

This seems to indicate that your nfo file doesn't contain tags with your override information for those attributes. You may want to try adding a URL to your nfo file that points to the page for the episode on TVDB. This way, you can still have your override/supplementary local information while it grabs the generic/basic episode info from the URL.

But do you really need to specify local information? For a popular show such as "The Big Bang Theory", I'd think most of the show/episode information is well stocked on the TVDB site.
pastebin.com your nfo file please and i agree you don't need nfo files for popular shows
Ah, that has to be it. I was unaware that *.NFO are not needed and Sickbeard downloads them automatically. Let me remove them and redo the scan.
(2013-08-01, 22:31)ylafont Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, that has to be it. I was unaware that *.NFO are not needed and Sickbeard downloads them automatically. Let me remove them and redo the scan.

That was it, though the database had to be deleted and a re-scan performed. a simple library update did not work!

thank you! you guys Rock!