Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound system advice needed for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have an old logitech z5500 for my sound system in 5.1 and it is starting to fail me Sad. I am looking to make a new installation only for the sound and I have a PC with optic fibre connection for the sound (pc with core i5).

Could you please help me for my sound system as I would like to replace everything and if I need to add a sound card instead of using the motherboard one.

I was wondering also if it was better to buy an amplifier with speakers or buy a full surround system as I did with my previous logitech Z5500 or I have seen also sound bar systems.

I have a budget that cannot exceed 500 euros.

Many thanks for your help,

John.
I guess this is the wrong forum to ask for sound system with XBMC. Can someone point me to a forum where people answer to sound system questions for HTPC?

Thanks,

John.
i use avsforum.com for such things
I'd say, go for an Onkyo home theater setup like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1...0077V88V8/

It comes with everything you need at a great price. I have been using a similar model to this for the last 8 years and my only complaint is that mine doesn't have hdmi inputs (none of them did back then) other than that, it's been great
Logitech have a successor to the z5500 with optical in.
+1 For the onkyo HT-S3500
had mine for almost 2 yrs now , does everything you need Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio etc ....
has hdmi , i think the output is like 660watts , more then enough for a normal size living room .
Thanks for your help guys.