Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weird behavior in movies list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently re-scanned my entire library and I'm now in the process of marking movies as watched, and deleting some movies that are duplicates. As I am going through the list, I find some behaviors annoying and unexpected when the "Hide watched" option is turned off and I see all items:

- the highlighted movie is in the center of the screen, but when I click "W" to mark it as watched, the navigational bar is moved to the next item, but is scrolled down to the bottom of the screen (preventing me from seeing the item after the current highlighted item)
- on the next "W" click, a similar behavior takes place, but I'm now moved to the top of the screen
- other times when I'm positioned in the center, it more or less stay there
- every time the items on the list changes, the SD/HD flags are re-populated relatively slowly (and this is on a very fast i7 system)
- after removing a movie, the navigation bar is moved to the bottom of the screen

What I'd hope to see is the position of the navigation bar moving one item down after marking/unmarking as watched, or staying the same after deleting a movie. This would feel more fluid and intuitive, in my opinion.

Also, when I toggle the hide watched flag, the behavior is unexpected:

1) From hide watched off to hide watched on, I'm taken to the top of the list of movies, in whichever sorted way preferred. In my case I have them sorted according to IMDB rating. This is especially frustrating when you have a lot of movies and it can take you multiple clicks to get you back where you were.
2) From hide watched on to hide watched off, the behavior is closer to what's expected: Navigation bar stays at the selected movie, but in this case it is again moved to the bottom of the screen.
I don't use the watched status other than to note that I've actually seen something; I prefer to have all content available ( I have material worth a second look) but your message prompted me to use the 'W' key toggle, and like you was surprised with this behaviour, so you're not alone. Using cover flow I didn't get the large jumps, that list views have.
What skin are you seeing this behaviour in, it might have to do with the type of list.
This is with the "List" view using the default Confluence skin.

Sorry for the late reply here -- didn't get an email about the updates to this thread so I forgot about it.