Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuttering picture then hanging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mate of mine just set XBMC up in my living room, but each video/TV channel I play the video stutters and then it hangs meaning I need to close via Task Manager.

I have a simple set up, its going to my TV from my Windows PC using a PC In cable, sound being provided externally through speaker.

PS I've seen the thread regarding the Sound issues affecting playback and I don't particularly want to read 44 pages of techy stuff as I'm not tech-savvy really, though I do know a bit.

Hope someone can help as you all seem nice people on here from what I've already read.

Thanks
Let's start with general video playback and not deal with live TV yet.

What are your settings for video and audio output under settings\system and what are your settings under settings\video\playback?

It is also helpful to include a debug log when posting issues. Capture a debug log and put it on xbmclogs.com and paste a link to it here.
Will these help?

It is a start. Show the video playback settings and post a debug log and that should give enough info to let someone help you sort it out.
Did you attempt a playback when you captured that log? What is the GPU? I thought I would see it in the log but I don't unless I overlooked it.
I did start a program playback when running the log.

My GPU is an ATI Radeon HD 4200
{edited}
Sorry, I am buried under work and have not had time to really look into the log much at all. I have scanned it and still can not see where you played a file. I must be too tired.

Your settings look pretty basic. I am not quite sure why it would be stuttering. First thing I would check is if the drivers for the GPU and sound card are up to date. Try playing a video with DXVA off (shouldn't really matter for stuttering, but worth a try).

Is that an integrated GPU? Is that GPU of playing back the content you are trying to play? For example if you are playing back 1080p, is that card really capable of that?