Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Management sort and order for movies and sagas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a problem concerning the management of sort (by year, date added, ...) and order (ascending / descending) movies and sagas in xbmc.

I use a sort by descending date added for displaying movies in general and when I go into a saga, he cut in order by year, which is normal, but also decreasing, which reverses the list of films.

I looking for a way to fix this, knowing that I have a lot of sagas and I would not have to do everything via the interface of xbmc (a little long). Is there a file or other grouping and sorting preference order for each Saga?

Thanks in advance.
up
What do you mean by 'saga'.
Just a guess, but pretty sure "sagas" are just a different term for movie sets.
Or 'tv series', but op needs to be specific.
it's for set, sagas is the french word.
yes it's for movie set. Sorry but google don't translate "saga".

I continued to look for a solution, but the only thing I found is that the display preferences are stored in a database (ViewModes4.db) and there is no default setting for the display.

there are just settings that are added when I change the setting in xbmc:
Code:
idview,windows,path,viewmode,sortmethod,sortorder,skin
"40","10025","videodb://1/7/4/?setid=4","65586","17","1","skin.transparency"

Is there a simple way to make this setting for all movie sets once?
Have you tried just setting the "sorttitle" node in the NFO files? This exists specifically so you can manually set the display order of films in a movie set.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...Movie_sets