Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to make fanart available without browsing to it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I spent an entire day organizing a 400+ movie media collection. Every movie is in its own properly named folder. I then used Media Center Master to download the fanart (backdrops etc..).

When I load up the movies in XBMC if I wanted to change a fanart by pressing " I " , Choose Artwork, Fanart...I only have the option to browse to the media which an insanely drawn out process having to manually navigate to the directory of each movie.

Is there a way to get these images to show up right when you press " I " , Choose Artwork, Fanart... ??

I am using the Aeon Nox skin if that matters.
Not in Frodo. This was added in Gotham 13.0
what are you trying to do? Show Fan art in your view?

Did you scrape metadata in xbmc before you downloaded fanart via Media Center Master?

XBMC, when scraping, will automatically use the fan art saved in the folder of the movie (if named correctly)

If you have scraped before saving the fan art, you can delete the textures.db from your user data folder and re-scrape.
Is Gotham stable enough? How would I go about updating to it?
Ok so I updated to Gotham but I do not see a way to have all the downloaded data that resides in the movie folder to automatically populate when selecting "choose artwork" I still have to navigate manually to each folder to find the images. How do I have it automatically show up?
Use the Artwork Downloader add-on?
I have done that, I have tried setting the option for "use local content" still does not automatically show up when selecting choose artwork, i have to manually navigate.
still looking for a solution.