Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Official XMBC Add-ons blank. Third party ones load (mostly) OK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Its been a number of years since using XBMC (back when modding an Xbox and using it to play movies with XBMC) and a lot has changed!

I have a purpose built Media Centre built on a Silent Impacts passively cooled case, and a gigabyte H87 mini-itx mobo.

It all runs well, and is booting using Openelec and I can interface my Andriod phone with the official XBMC app as a remote.

The only niggle is the official XBMC.org Add-ons dont appear to load. I can import a ZIP file via SSH and load it up and that works OK.

Is there a way to re-install the XBMC add-on? I have run a tail on the xbmc.log file in \.xbmc\temp and it doesnt show anything when attempting to access the add-on repository?

I know its not a networking issue as fan art, third-party add-ons work, and I can perform an nslookup in SSH and all is well.

thanks in advance.
Do a forced refresh on the repository: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...itory_list
Hi there and thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have done that a number of times. I have been hunting around the world wide wibbly and have spoken to a couple of people with some experience with openelec but we have so far drawn a blank.

perhaps I will force a refresh a few more times. Is there a command from SSH I can do to force the refresh?
(2013-08-02, 11:34)Seano Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there and thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have done that a number of times. I have been hunting around the world wide wibbly and have spoken to a couple of people with some experience with openelec but we have so far drawn a blank.

perhaps I will force a refresh a few more times. Is there a command from SSH I can do to force the refresh?

delete addon15.db from userdata (wiki) and reboot
I see - ill also try deleting the .db file as shown in your link.

OK - now to find that in openelec ;-)

found it...

\.xmbc\userdata
Cool - deleting the addon15.db file seemed to work.

now all that remains is the fact that none of the addons will install. Says Downloading 0% then ends.

MOD EDIT: remove log spam

Wonder if its a permissions issue? (sorry the thread is digressing now!)
never post logs on the forum!
Sorry - didnt read the rules (yet)

Im used to technical forums and the first thing people ask is "Post the logs / trace"
we do ask for logs when needed but you should never post them directly on the forum. it's creates a huge mess