Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Latest Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how xbmc determines which movies are the latest that have been added to the library?

I am running into some issues when I add new content to my movies directory but that movie does not show up in the latest movies widget?

I thought it was based on modify date of the movie folder but I think I am mistake?
I believe it's the movie *file* date.
magic.

just kidding, +1 for what artrafael said.
Great thanks.

That appears to be the case.

would there be any way to use the folder date it would provide a true meaning to the "latest added" widget.
The file is the actual movie, so that date seems more "true" than the one associated with a folder (container). You could always change the timestamp on the movie file to make it the current date so it will be identified as "new". Or you can override <dateadded> in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to mimic the pre-Frodo behavior where "new" is based on when a movie is added to the library rather than on the file's timestamp (see section 8.5 here on how to do this).
(2013-08-03, 07:36)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]The file is the actual movie, so that date seems more "true" than the one associated with a folder (container). You could always change the timestamp on the movie file to make it the current date so it will be identified as "new". Or you can override <dateadded> in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) to mimic the pre-Frodo behavior where "new" is based on when a movie is added to the library rather than on the file's timestamp (see section 8.5 here on how to do this).

I am attempting to access xbmcbuntu using ssh but can't seem to gain access since I can't remember the password.

Is there any quick way to reset or login as the root account?

I have tried xbmc with no password but no luck...
Great I modified the XML now recently added is based on creation date.

Thanks.