Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Matching refresh rate and video calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the option "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is enabled then custom Video Calibration settings such as pixel ratio adjustment aren't being applied to the video. Turn it off and they are. I couldn't find any threads similar.

1920x1200 screen but only at 1080 so gpu overscan is used to expand the desktop to fill the screen which has to be corrected in Video Calibration. For 16:9 or wider content using another tv mode would be fine with black bars at top and bottom but 4:3 content would still have those black bars.

This is a problem with the panel that could be corrected with a firmware update so it can use the correct resolution but I still think it's a bug.

ver 12.2 on Windows 7 Dual screen

Thanks for any help.
calibrations are stored for _each_ resolution and refresh rate. So you need to calibrate e.g. for 1080p24, if that matches your movie.

easier is probably to turn of overscanning on the TV
Thanks for that information but that won't work as I don't want black bars for 4:3 content.

Bit of a pain though as it's not changing resolution, there's no gui option to do that for each video, just refresh rate and I can't think of any circumstances where you need those video calibration settings changed when switching just the refresh rates.

Can we change this to a suggestion that video calibration is stored for each resolution rather than resolution and refresh rate? Instead of having to calibrate a half dozen times it's just once. Maybe if there's other reasons it can't be done an option to write it as default for that resolution or just making it set as default if the settings are changed when no video is displaying and then if a video is playing it only changes that one?

Thanks again.
So are stretching 4:3 video and making everyone fat?