Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: turn off archive scanning for subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am running this build "We currently recommend this test build, based on Gotham Alpha 1 and libstagefright, for OUYA users." on my Ouya and am having a lot of trouble streaming off my desktop PC. It took a while but i think the following is the issue I am having.

XBMC is scanning the compressed files in the same directory as the video file for subtitles. I attached a blurb from the log for one file, sorry it is messy and if requested i can upload the log but it is basically this repeating for each zip or rar in the current directory. The issue is this folder on the PC is a catch-all and there are some huge archives in there. I have went into the video option after a video started, unchecked show subtitles, and then select apply to all videos but it still does the scan, (the snipet below is after that option was selected and applied to all videos). I have moved a lot of the archives and cleaned up the directory in general but as it is the family computer, i anticipate it filling up again.

Is there a way to get XBMC not to scan all the archives fro subtitles every time i go to view a video from that directory.

Thank You.

LOG
http://pastebin.com/xwKMBmH8
never post logs directly on the forum