Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: sms notification timeout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After searching I found a post that stated the only way to extend the time on screen for SMS notifications was to change it in the code and recompile. That was from last year. Is there really no way to do this with advanced settings ? The initial SMS message stays onscreen for about 2 seconds. Then is replaced by a notification saying who sent it, which stays up for about 5 seconds. I'd love to switch the settings, but replacing code and recompiling is way beyond my talent set.
What app is sending your SMS notifications - yatse, the official XBMC Android remote, other?

The application sending these notifications can specify how long they want them displayed on screen. In the absence of giving a time the xbmc default time is used. I suggest you contact the developer of your specific app and ask that they make this a setting you can control, or extend the time in their application.

Here is the JSON-RPC command for sending notifications: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...tification