Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Youtube Video tutorial for adding Series?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know of one?
Its not that hard, see the wiki.
It's just not working for me... It does not scan it in... Wanted to see what i'm doing wrong.
Define "it" - what exactly ar you trying to do and what steps did you take to achieve it?
- Added a directory called "series"
- inside that directory i put in 1 series called "Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.Season.1.HD.1080p"
- i used the scraper tvdb
- It does not pick it up

Inside the directory each file is labled "Star Wars- The Clone Wars.S01E01.Ambush.mkv" and so on. I used a renaming tool

It just does not pick it up... What am i doing wrong?
Drop the "Season.1.HD" from the folder name.

The top folder name should match as closely as possible the series name on thetvdb.com, although it can contain at the end anything that matches the cleanstrings regexes, such as "1080p", or "HDTV", or "hdrip", etc. but not "HD" on it's own ("Season #" will also not be cleaned).

So for you, the scraper was searching for a series called "Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 1 HD", and obviously failed to get a match.

If you want to keep the seasons separated, use a sub-folder. Anything below the series folder will be ignored.

Check Video library/Naming files/TV shows (wiki) for full details.
OK, thats for the prompt help. But i also have season 2 and 3... How would name them? Do i need to place them all in the same folder? Except this way, it makes it harder for me to locate what i have outside of XBMC...

This got picked up "Revolution.2012.S01.Season.1.1080p.WEB-DL.H264-PublicHD"

This didnt "Da.Vinci's.Demons.S01.Season.1.1080p.WEB-DL.H264-BS [PublicHD]"

I dont understand...

Ive even added 2013 to da vinci but still the same thing...
Put all the episodes in the same directory, or subdivide it into Season 1, Season 2 etc.
You can have Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 folders within the top level series folder called "Star Wars The Clone Wars".
yes, ive fixed the seasons showing up... but what about this...

This got picked up "Revolution.2012.S01.Season.1.1080p.WEB-DL.H264-PublicHD"

This didnt "Da.Vinci's.Demons.S01.Season.1.1080p.WEB-DL.H264-BS [PublicHD]"

ok, i just cleaned out Da.Vinci's.Demons so it only show that. It got picked up. But why did revolution get picked up as it was?
Revolution got picked up because everything after the year gets cleaned automatically.

The scraper, however, only works with the year in the series name if that's also how it appears on thetvdb.com (just in case you were thinking that might be a general solution Wink).
Just one more question....

I got the entire series of Astroboy 1980 (my fav when i was a kid)

It picks up astro boy 1963... I tried variations to the directory like putting in a space and putting in year, taking it out... but cant get it to pick up... Any ideas?
it's listed on tvdb as "Astro Boy (1983) "
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124228/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Oh, all this time im searching imdb...
(2013-08-04, 12:03)mightydimo Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124228/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Oh, all this time im searching imdb...

Here's the search on tvdb
http://thetvdb.com/?string=astro+boy&sea...ion=Search

Could also be the first one.

Since there is no IMDB scraper for tvshows you should always look at tvdb.
There you can also see what episodes there are available. Name the tvshow folder exactly like it is in the list and it should be ok
Pages: 1 2