Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lenovo q190 URGENT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i need to know if you can use simerecc with q190?

If not, is it possible to turn it on from an off state with a remote?
bump, i saw the intel nuc thread where the guy connects the simerecc to the power connectors but from what i can tell, the q190 doesn't have the power connectors on the mobo so how will i connect the simerecc to the q190?

or does the q190 come with an ir receiver?

thanks
bumping is considered rude within 24hours.
(2013-08-05, 13:57)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]bumping is considered rude within 24hours.

Erm. 9.14am Sunday to 12.38pm today is erm. 27 hours 24 minsHuh

So outside your 24 hour limit?

If no pins inside to hook up simerec. Perhaps solder onto power points on the board direct? Or sell the Q190 and get a NUC!
(2013-08-05, 14:18)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-05, 13:57)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]bumping is considered rude within 24hours.

Erm. 9.14am Sunday to 12.38pm today is erm. 27 hours 24 minsHuh

So outside your 24 hour limit?

If no pins inside to hook up simerec. Perhaps solder onto power points on the board direct? Or sell the Q190 and get a NUC!

Thanks Tongue, really like what you did with the nuc btw, you're an inspiration!

Looked through 20+ pages of google results of the q190 to no avail

do you see those pins in this pic? I'm not sure how it looks like.

I didn't order it yet, but i really like the design and the fact that it has an optical drive included, plus a 1tb hard drive is more useful for me than a ssd even if it boots slower.
Agreed, the Q190 is a tasty bit of pre built kit. Looks sexy as hell with an optical drive attached!

The only way you'll get simerec to work is open up the Q190 and follow back where the power button goes and attach to that. Then you just need permanent 5v and negative. Perhaps off a USB socket pins or somewhere from the fan.

It's trial and error and unfortunately I haven't got one so can't have a go! Happy to help anyone attempt it too!

Cheers for the comments on my NUC. Tis a good looking unit and deserved the attention Smile