Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to get Audio from Receiver with TV Off???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I listen to music quite often, but I do not want my television to be on all the time while I listen to music. Is there a way that I can get the Passthrough audio to my Receiver with the TV Off.

I have an HDMI output from my Computer running XBMC going to my Denon AVR-1912 and the output HDMI from the Receiver going to my Television.

Any help is appreciated.
i'm able to do this with a Gefen HDMI Detective
Thanks for the info. I do believe my television (Sharp 60LE810UN) is HDCP compatible.
My receiver supports it. (Yamaha RX-V567)
You might be able to if you turn the HDMI CEC controls off.
EDID problem maybe?
Hey dude I understand what you mean but it s impossible to achieve that goal.Why ?
Because when the tv is off it s just off as simple as that.It can actually be done only If the audio originates from a dishnet directv or any other digital terminal.
(2013-08-06, 06:49)diabolo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey dude I understand what you mean but it s impossible to achieve that goal.Why ?
Because when the tv is off it s just off as simple as that.It can actually be done only If the audio originates from a dishnet directv or any other digital terminal.

...wat?!
Well this works for me too oob with my yamaha rx v367 - just fyi ... seems like it is a receiver issue then...