Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Crashes once every 24 hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once a day my XBMC will crash. Usually I will watch something go to bed and after work the following day turn my tv on to xbmc stopped working error and close the program. There was another thread started by someone else but there was never a resolution. I am running MySql on that machine and XBMC. my other machines that connect to that never crash. So I assume its somehow related to mysql but I could be wrong.
Start by checking your debug log (wiki) after a crash. Grab the log before you restart XBMC after the crash (or else grab the old log: xbmc.old.log).
Looks like this is some of the errors. there is a few more but they seem to be repeats.
Log snippets are of limited value. If you wish to share your log with the readers here, please upload your entire debug log (wiki) contents to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here. Thanks.
Is there any other pastebins that accept big text for free? Somehow I cant use the xbmclogs one. It says It contains a phrase that has been censored. I have no idea what i could possibly have in my xbmc log that would have that.
Ok I searched forever to find a site to paste my log. Here it is. If anyone can figure out how to fix this I would be in debt to you! super bummer having to restart XBMC everyday.

http://snipurl.com/27kdtfu
Been trying to do some more work on this. No resolution. I am mostly looking into just the error stating.

Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\ImageLib.dll with error 8:Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Only the one thread comes up, but no resolution. Seems like a XBMC not a SQL error though.
The first errors:

WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
13:34:40 T:5908 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Then the errors cascade into some sort of memory leak.

I would disable all your add-ons and extras, get it down to XBMC and a local media folder. To do this without a lot of pain, you might rename existing configuration folders. Re-install fresh with a local folder and see if you get your 24 hour crash... if it's safe and doesn't crash... then delete these trials and rename the originals back and start pruning.
(2013-08-05, 18:25)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]The first errors:

WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
13:34:40 T:5908 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Then the errors cascade into some sort of memory leak.

I would disable all your add-ons and extras, get it down to XBMC and a local media folder. To do this without a lot of pain, you might rename existing configuration folders. Re-install fresh with a local folder and see if you get your 24 hour crash... if it's safe and doesn't crash... then delete these trials and rename the originals back and start pruning.
Actually I just went back into your errors you see. It only appears to be showing that for audio. I dont use XBMC for any music. I dont see that error in relation to video.
I'm having this problem as well. It seems like if the tv has been off overnight or while at work XBMC will crash upon first use.

If you get this sorted please post back!
tinfox maybe post your error log and i can compare them and see if there is similarities.
Are you running Library Watchdog? If so disable that and see if the issue stops. Myself and a few others ran into issues with an excessive memory leak when using it.
(2013-08-09, 00:00)mobias1313 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running Library Watchdog? If so disable that and see if the issue stops. Myself and a few others ran into issues with an excessive memory leak when using it.

I am using it. I will try that. Thanks. Do you have an alternative suggestion to scan the library more?
(2013-08-09, 00:00)mobias1313 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running Library Watchdog? If so disable that and see if the issue stops. Myself and a few others ran into issues with an excessive memory leak when using it.

That fixed my problem. It has been running fine since you suggested to disable watchdog. Thanks so much. Hopefully one day they can fix that memory leak.