Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Reddit.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2016-05-29, 02:18)d0rax Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Special thanks to AddonscriptorDE and rasjani for this addon.
I used this addon to learn python and kodi programming. I've made a fork on github and added a few other features:
- you can add multihubs or subreddit+subreddit+subreddit (e.g;musc+listentothis )
- add support for more domains ( Imgur, redd.it, vine and streamable.com )
- add show comments on context menu and play videos posted in comments.
- show description as movie plot

https://github.com/gedisony/plugin.video.reddit_tv

If you want to take over maintenance of this add-on feel free to do so as it has currently no owner.

How to update it in our repo:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/blo.../README.md
rasjani is still maintains this addon.

We have different ideas on how the addon should proceed.
I'm planning to rename my fork and research the next steps (something-something separate) after I'm satisfied with the changes.
@gedisony if i can suggest you some improvement :
- when "show only comment that have a link" is set to yes, it would be nice that the number next to the show comment entry will only reflect the number of comment that have actually a link and not all the comments (Hope i make my point clear english isnt my first language).
- When using add to addon favorites a favorite is added in the addon_data directory but i cant see how to access them in the addon.
- Possiblity to set a custom name for the subreddit. For example instead of displaying "music+listentothis/new" i can set a custom name like "New music".
-Sometimes there is the same link posted in different subreddit as result they appears several time. For example in site:liveleak.com they could be 5-6 post with the same video an option to detect and hide dupes link would be awesome.
hello mac1202,

let's move this topic to a different thread on the forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280388
hi this addon is perfectly usable but can someone please add youtu.be links support thanks!
youtu.be added, and available in 1.3.2 release: https://github.com/rasjani/plugin.video....v1.3.2.zip

And while gedisony said that we have different views. Those views where about having a sane commits (single feature per commit) and readable git history.
Is it possible to blacklist subreddits?

I love this addon, but dont want to watch video-game videos, which seem to comprise about 40% of the 'top' feeds.

Can it be done?

Thanks

Jim
Hahaha, an addon for reddit.com, how funny is this?
You better watch out what you are posting in reddit.com, not that you will be banned for another forums ......
(2016-12-18, 02:18)0ldfart Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to blacklist subreddits?

I love this addon, but dont want to watch video-game videos, which seem to comprise about 40% of the 'top' feeds.

Can it be done?

Thanks

Jim

I'll take a look at this. So essentially you would like to get a some sort of filtering for /r/all that does not show posts from certain subs?

Can it be done?

Thanks

Jim

I had a look what sort of data is available and it should be very doable to filter out posts from certain subs.

Can it be done?

Thanks

Jim

I agree with this. There are a LOT of video game video's on this plugin as well as pro Trump video's for some reason.

Also, this addon is not working well for Kodi 17 RC2. Are you guys aware of any issues? I don't want to toubleshoot it I was just wondering if there are any known issues. If not, I'll go back to Kodi 16,
Hi all, do you know whether the "play all" option works on Krypton? When I tried it I got a spinning icon for a little while and then nothing happens. I'm trying this on a fire tv with a multireddit. Individual videos are playable just fine.

Cheers.
I keep getting REDDIT FORUM ERROR or a message similar to that when trying to add reddits I know exist. And when I search for Reddits, I'm not getting any results. Is this app down? Thank you for any help guys. I use this app regularly and it wasn't until the last week that I began experiencing these issues. I've reinstalled Kodi and DLed the app again since the issues started, and they still persist, so I'm thinking it's the app.
Hello,

Will there be an update to this anytime soon? Since the new version of Kodi, after a long pause it hangs when going to all > today. If I click it a 2nd time, it may or may not go into 'Today'. Once I get into 'today', after a video stops, it hangs before pulling up the list again. Or, sometimes it doesn't hang and I can continue on watching a video. Then, once another video gets done playing, it hangs again before pulling up the list. After each time is hangs, it give s a "Reddit.com error. Check the log for more details".

EDIT:

Nevermind. It looks like 'Reddit Viewer' will do the job.
Great addon and I've used it for over a year. Lately I get errors on liveleak section...all the other sections work fine. It even shows the list of videos with screencap, but will not play the video(s). Any ideas...or are there others experiencing this issue as well?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7