Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Celeron 847 Successor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Celeron 847 seems to be at a sweet spot for XBMC. 17W TDP. Adequate power for most applications. Reasonable price.

However, given that the chip is long in the tooth -- two years old -- do we know if there is a successor in Intel's wings that perhaps would have even lower TDP?
There are already boards with the Celeron 1007u. It is not a lower TDP, but it is faster.
The Celeron 887? :p

Isn't it the new pentiums like 1007u and G2020?
(2013-08-05, 22:47)ThePolarSky Wrote: [ -> ]The 1007u and 1037u are the Ivy Bridge mobile Celeron models. Other than a slight performance boost, I don't think there is any value in upgrading.

The Haswell refresh will see the Celeron and Pentium brand move over to the new Atom architecture, but that is many months away.

Agreed. There will be no noticeable performance difference between a C847 and C1007U for running XBMC. I'd just get whatever is less expensive.
How far away is the Haswell refresh?

I have been looking at some of the new Atom specs and it's tough to compare to the current generation, given that Intel will only quote SDP rather than TDP.