Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Automated Downloads & Renaming TV Episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The last couple days I have been reading a lot about setting up automagic TV Episodes for use with XBMC.

Unfortunately, most of what I read (that I could understand Big Grin) was from several years ago. So I wanted to detail what I have done and see if there are any current ways to do it better..

First off, I gleaned that one doesn't have to use TED anymore because uTorrent can do what TED did via RSS feeds.. Got uTorrent set up for RSS and it's working..

I also got ahold of TheRenamer and it works pretty good, but I need something a little different.. What TheRenamer does is pull all the LOL/HDTV/x264 stuff out of the title, looks up the episode title and then uses the convention ShowName.S0XE0X.EpisodeTitle... My setup uses ShowName as a directory and sometimes even a Season# directory as well. I have a 4TB HD that is more than 3/4ths full of TV shows. Imagine the mess if all TV shows were in the root directory. Big Grin So what I am hoping is that TheRenamer (or some other program) can be tweaked to change the normal naming convention (ShowName.S0XE0X.EpisodeTitle) to a custom one... Say, D:\TV\ShowName\Season0x\E0x-EpisodeTitle.xxx or D:\TV\ShowName\S0xE0x-EpisodeName.xxx

Once all that is done, the only question is how to invoke all of this automagically...

Any hints/tips/suggestions would be most appreciated...
Tv rename works with season folders.
http://tvrename.com/
sick beard, with usenet will do this for you
sickbeard fork for torrents will do this as well
Have a look at NZBDrone http://www.nzbdrone.com/
Lots of great suggestions..

Thanx a bunch...

Going to take me a few days to digest all of this.

Thanx again...
I like Filebot for renaming both TV Shows and Movies. It is incredibly customizable, including sending an email when it is complete and a signal to XBMC to refresh the library. It has both a GUI and a command line interface, so you can configure uTorrent to run it when the download finishes.