Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
(2014-04-21, 23:11)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Takoi,

Yep, that I can do. Will be in the next update.
Awesome. Great looking skin btw
Here's a couple of issues I discovered while translating:

- Date format on home page and in top left corner does not respect locale setting, but is fixed to English <month> <date> format.
- In video OSD you use string 444. This is used for something different. Should probably be 291.
- In video OSD, don't use string 24012. This is for the add-on browser.
- Multiple hard coded strings in system info.
- System.FreeSpace etc. may not be available, so it will say "Uavailable Free" etc.
- The "XBMC Addons" header is two strings with forced space in-between. Never do this;). It can't be properly localized. Also, having "XBMC" as a string shouldn't be necessary.
- My translation of "Unwatched titles only" is cut off (because it's longer than English) even though there should be more that enough room here.
-"Items" MyPrograms can't be translated.
- Unused strings: 31023,31024,31025,31027,31036,31043,31049,31051,31052,31059,31081,31083,31088,31090,31094,31102,31130
- Strings 31000, 31001, 31002 and 31004 are they used? I can't see where.
Thanks Takoi,

Will attend to these issues and update Github ASAP (will commit to testing branch in first instance). I'll post back when that happens.

Cheers,
theDeadman
Just want to say thanks, and awesome work on the skin!

At first (few seconds only, donĀ“t worry) the latest touch with the overlay and opacity bugged me (probably as I have a plasma with an annoying buzz), but then I browsed around and saw all the animations etc.
And when I saw the transparency on list etc. showing the background through it.... freaking beautiful!

Love it! Smile
Thanks Miappa :-)

@takoi:

Just pushed to master:
[FIXED (now uses 291)] - In video OSD you use string 444. This is used for something different. Should probably be 291.
[FIXED (now uses 287)] - In video OSD, don't use string 24012. This is for the add-on browser.
[FIXED] - Multiple hard coded strings in system info.
[RETAINED] - System.FreeSpace etc. may not be available, so it will say "Uavailable Free" etc. That one I can live with.
[FIXED] - The "XBMC Addons" header is two strings with forced space in-between. Never do thisWink. It can't be properly localized. Also, having "XBMC" as a string shouldn't be necessary.
[FIXED] - My translation of "Unwatched titles only" is cut off (because it's longer than English) even though there should be more that enough room here.
[FIXED] -"Items" MyPrograms can't be translated.
[FIXED] Unused strings. Also removed from the German and Czech strings.po

31000-31004 are used on home.xml as a text label for the icons. The text label for the main menu list control is however currently hidden.

Last thing is the date format. I need to do more testing on that one, but it's on the list.
(2014-04-24, 21:22)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ][FIXED] - My translation of "Unwatched titles only" is cut off (because it's longer than English) even though there should be more that enough room here.
Did you though? I was referring to video lists, I think you changed something different. Here's a pic: http://i.imgur.com/QzD74Vl.png. You basically have two more characters than English for translation. I think it would be best to have the file name float, if that's possible. That way, translators can change it to what looks and read good without having to worry about cut-offs.

Another similar issue here: http://i.imgur.com/fFYLhiF.png If you use your own strings I could change to a different shorter word, but I can't since it's a string from xbmc and is used elsewhere. (This is why one should be very careful about reusing strings.) Localization is hard right?;)
Sorry to be a noob, but is there a repo for this or we just install the zip?
Hey suku_patel_22,

If you're running a Gotham beta version of XBMC, it's in the main skin repo. Otherwise, yep, install the ZIP.
Thanks
Great update thedeadman Laugh

#1 xbmc skin
I have the same thing also XBMC freezes if i press E or try to open the EPG/Channel info. Works with all the other skins, witch is a bummer because i like yours the most. Running the repro version of the skin and the latest beta of xmbc.
(2014-04-27, 00:01)dermof Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same thing also XBMC freezes if i press E or try to open the EPG/Channel info. Works with all the other skins, witch is a bummer because i like yours the most. Running the repro version of the skin and the latest beta of xmbc.

Yeah same problem here Sad
thedeadman, thanks for what is probably the best skin for XBMC right now!

There's a couple of suggestions I'd like to make that are mainly geared towards general polish. If there's anything I missed in my "analysis", sorry in advance.
  • Option to display Movie fanart while scrolling through list;
  • In movie info view, not cycling the "zoom out" fanart effect: either zoom out once and keep the fanart still after that, or if cycling make sure it's when extrafanart is available;
  • On-screen keyboard: navigating the current version is impossible due to no visual cues telling you which "key" you're on;
  • List scroll indicator: whenever a list (in settings, for example) is scrollable due to having allot of options, there's again no cue to that. Could a scroll bar be displayed, perhaps?
  • Program addons list: when there's enough items on the list to make it scrollable, the bottom row of only-partially visible tiles is abruptly cut off. Could be enhanced using a "fade-out" cutt-off (if that's even doable);
  • On/off switch in settings: only indicator if setting is on or off is the respective switch is left or right. Again, could be enhanced with some sort of visual clue (maybe make background for switch black for off, white for on).

If something in the above list isn't clear, let me know.

Cheers!
@takoi - will fix up that string and float it in the next update. Regarding reused strings... In your opinion would it be better to remove all references to the core xbmc strings?

@dermof, @Dr3q1z: Will look into this (both work fine for me on a openelec/tvheadend setup, and with the PVR testing suite). Can you supply details about your setups please (OS / XBMC version / PVR backend in use).

@ricarva:

All good suggestions, I'll look into all of them.

The keyboard issue is definitely not expected behaviour (there is an active colour state for all keys). I'm guessing theres a lettercase bug somewhere - what's your OS?

I know what you mean about the movie info screen animation. I really wanted a clean cycling process between multiple image but i've never found a way to do it that works consistently. Problem is that the process involves two timers - one for a multiple image control and one for the animation... These timers have a habit of going out of sync and when the effect doesn't work as intended, it's plain awful. Will keep plugging away at it :-)
Hey, deadman.

My main box is a pi with raspbmc (latest xbmc beta). Will try installing on another machine and see if keyboard issue is also present.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38