Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still loving the skin jm ... just thought I'd drop in and say thanks again!
This is now my favourite skin!
The only thing I'm missing is a Movie view that shows the Director, without going into the movie details.

I'll just drop this idea here..:
I love the Poster Panel view and hope someday I'll see a view option that toggles Movie details (like Director), the same way that Show Plot works.

Anyway... kudos for a great skin! <claps hands>
Hey is there a way to get the picture on the details slide out on the main menu to display a poster or something in the correct Aspect ratio when I hightlight a movie from the New Movies section on the main menu it brings up. Description of the movie but the picture next to it is cut off

Here is what I mean

http://imgur.com/Iteaa6T

If this could be resized to fit a smaller poster or something I think it might look good
(2013-09-07, 04:52)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey is there a way to get the picture on the details slide out on the main menu to display a poster or something in the correct Aspect ratio when I hightlight a movie from the New Movies section on the main menu it brings up. Description of the movie but the picture next to it is cut off

Here is what I mean

http://imgur.com/Iteaa6T

If this could be resized to fit a smaller poster or something I think it might look good

It's looking for the fanart, if you have a fanart.jpg in your movie folder it will use this instead of the poster.
Just wondering if anyone has this up and running on Gotham builds for the Raspberry Pi?

Skin installs and works fine until a reinstall at which point the system will hang at the xbmc spash screen. Narrowed it down to this as I can delete the gui settings and the system boots fine again. Changing to another skin also works fine with a reboot.

Not sure where to look for the errors this might be bringing up which could lead to where and how to fix this?

PS. I know its currently under development for Frodo but Gotham builds are running faster on the Pi and this skin is amazing on Frodo so was hoping it wouldn't be too much to get it working on Gotham.
Hello, still,using this wonderful skin, but i was asking myself a question, with everything kind of horizonaly oriented will you consider to make the menu coming from the left of the screen horizontal to? Like it s coming from the home menu (like submenu...) and it still lavk some support for advanced launcher imo but i read that you re a rom browser user... Can i have hope you treat advanced launcher with the same attention as rom browser? Anyway thx for your work !!!!!
Cheers
What I miss the most is the duration of a movie while scrolling.
Jurial can you show me where I can amend the colour of the text for the weather underground addon, when using the dark theme the text for headings "Current Weather", "10 Day Forecast" and "Hourly Forecast" are hard to read even at close range.

Thanks
(2013-09-07, 12:49)soupboy Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if anyone has this up and running on Gotham builds for the Raspberry Pi?

Skin installs and works fine until a reinstall at which point the system will hang at the xbmc spash screen. Narrowed it down to this as I can delete the gui settings and the system boots fine again. Changing to another skin also works fine with a reboot.

Not sure where to look for the errors this might be bringing up which could lead to where and how to fix this?

PS. I know its currently under development for Frodo but Gotham builds are running faster on the Pi and this skin is amazing on Frodo so was hoping it wouldn't be too much to get it working on Gotham.

Not skin related, but I can't find any Gotham Openelec Pi builds that aren't rbej's. Can you link me?
(2013-09-06, 17:57)FoxTC Wrote: [ -> ]Still loving the skin jm ... just thought I'd drop in and say thanks again!
Thanks! Big Grin

(2013-09-06, 18:20)ErlendSB Wrote: [ -> ]This is now my favourite skin!
The only thing I'm missing is a Movie view that shows the Director, without going into the movie details.

I'll just drop this idea here..:
I love the Poster Panel view and hope someday I'll see a view option that toggles Movie details (like Director), the same way that Show Plot works.
I do like the idea of having an option to see the director, but I'm wary of adding too many options because it starts getting confusing and I already feel like I have too many. I'll think about it..

(2013-09-07, 04:52)protocol77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey is there a way to get the picture on the details slide out on the main menu to display a poster or something in the correct Aspect ratio when I hightlight a movie from the New Movies section on the main menu it brings up. Description of the movie but the picture next to it is cut off

Its looking for fanart which has a 16:9 ratio, it just falls back to the poster rather than showing nothing. There's not much point showing the poster there because it is already visible just above.

(2013-09-07, 12:49)soupboy Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if anyone has this up and running on Gotham builds for the Raspberry Pi?

Skin installs and works fine until a reinstall at which point the system will hang at the xbmc spash screen. Narrowed it down to this as I can delete the gui settings and the system boots fine again. Changing to another skin also works fine with a reboot. Not sure where to look for the errors this might be bringing up which could lead to where and how to fix this?
It works for me on Gotham on my macbook - However, I run Frodo on my main HTPC so I haven't tested it extensively. I don't have a pi so I can't comment on that.

Can you provide your xbmc log?

(2013-09-07, 14:09)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, still,using this wonderful skin, but i was asking myself a question, with everything kind of horizonaly oriented will you consider to make the menu coming from the left of the screen horizontal to? Like it s coming from the home menu (like submenu...) and it still lavk some support for advanced launcher imo but i read that you re a rom browser user... Can i have hope you treat advanced launcher with the same attention as rom browser? Anyway thx for your work !!!!!
Cheers
It needs to be vertical because menus with text run out of space when horizontal.

I have treated Adv Launcher with far more attention than Rom Browser despite not even using it personally. I have sacrificed time I could have spent working on Rom Browser in order to work on Adv Launcher - something which has no benefit to me personally as I don't even use it. Rom Browser only has 3 viewtypes and they don't even match the rest of the skin properly -- whereas Adv Launcher has 9 viewtypes. Both have updates planned, but Rom Browser has priority as it has been neglected for a long time.

(2013-09-07, 18:04)sling Wrote: [ -> ]What I miss the most is the duration of a movie while scrolling.
Low List shows duration. Also, in latest git version I have added duration to banner list, wide banner, info poster, and medium list.

(2013-09-08, 03:07)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial can you show me where I can amend the colour of the text for the weather underground addon, when using the dark theme the text for headings "Current Weather", "10 Day Forecast" and "Hourly Forecast" are hard to read even at close range.
That was a bug. Should be fixed in latest git version Smile
0.3.6 - Updates to "small" osd

watch gallery

Changes to small osd on github. Wondering what people think of this? This replaces the "use smaller osd" option - the full-length video info/osd will still remain the same for the time being. There is also still the option for dark osd and to show the poster instead of clearlogo.

Images are of:
1. OSD controls
2. OSD controls with info (clicking the "i" or pressing up)
3. Info (press "info" on remote) - has options on the side for plot, dvd menu, subs, audio settings, vid settings, bookmarks
4. Seekbar - shows when pause, seeking etc.
Any chance we can get posters to show up in this view? This is PseudoTV Live, showing more info.

(2013-09-08, 06:26)ghostelement Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance we can get posters to show up in this view? This is PseudoTV Live, showing more info.
That's skinned by PseudoTV Live -- nothing to do with this skin. You will have to ask in the PseudoTV live thread.
Okay the master installed all the way top!!!. Great skin it is my most favorite skin.
(2013-09-08, 05:10)Gragamale Wrote: [ -> ]

Not skin related, but I can't find any Gotham Openelec Pi builds that aren't rbej's. Can you link me?

Im using the rbej ones. Have been using his frodo ones for months bow and always run faster than the officials.