Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jurialmunkey,
updated to 036 from git. Noticed that the very first time when switch from another skin to Arctic settings panel of xperience1080 appears sometimes. Next time it became Arctic control panel.
In Banner list it would be more clear if place watched marks both for selected and nonselected items on the same side.
(2013-09-08, 12:57)relyter Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey,
updated to 036 from git. Noticed that the very first time when switch from another skin to Arctic settings panel of xperience1080 appears sometimes. Next time it became Arctic control panel.
In Banner list it would be more clear if place watched marks both for selected and nonselected items on the same side.

Same here. I can confirm this behaviour.
(2013-09-01, 05:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-31, 09:19)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin. I've moved from ReFocus Big and have an issue with the poster shown when pausing a TV show. If I am watching an episode from Breaking Bad Series 3 for example, if I pause or press "I" for info the poster shown is the default poster for the series, not the poster for series 3, happens with all TV. Im wondering if your skin only looks for that file as in this variable (I think??)

Any help would be appreciated, keep up the good work.
Thanks Smile

No, nothing wrong with your naming convention - the skin just doesn't look for local artwork files, it only uses artwork from the xbmc database. Unfortunately, afaik season posters in the database can't currently be accessed from the videoplayer, they can only be accessed from library views. In the latest git version I've added a control for the seekbar that looks for local season posters using the seasonXX-poster.jpg naming scheme. Should be on the skin development repo in the next couple of days.

Hi, I know you made the relevant changes to the code ($INFO[Player.Folderpath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</texture>) but I'm still seeing the default TV show poster when using "I" or pausing the video, no matter what season I'm watching, any suggestions?
(2013-08-31, 09:19)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I know you made the relevant changes to the code ($INFO[Player.Folderpath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</texture>) but I'm still seeing the default TV show poster when using "I" or pausing the video, no matter what season I'm watching, any suggestions?

Sorry, managed to fix it, all my images are named in the following convention "season01-poster.jpg" seems the code was looking for "season1-poster.jpg". To save me having to rename all my images I added a "0" to the texture path. Thanks again for sorting it.
Thanks for your answers!
I just meant the "info screen" for advanced, escuse me if I appear a bit "pushy" that's not what I meant to be Smile
all the views are great for advanced, thanks
And for the horizontal stuff, well I understand the lack of room, it's logic
Cheers!
(2013-09-08, 15:42)Cassiel Wrote: [ -> ]
Very strange. I can't see any reason why that would happen, must be a bug with xbmc as far as I can tell. Are you switching from xperience1080 or a different skin?

re: Bannerlist checkmarks: they're both on the left side. Unfortunately, the checkmark for the banner needs to be on a corner, so it has to be the far left side -- it looks really weird on the inside edge of the episode thumb. Its just a compromise that has to happen.

(2013-09-08, 16:40)SmithersJ0nes Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, managed to fix it, all my images are named in the following convention "season01-poster.jpg" seems the code was looking for "season1-poster.jpg". To save me having to rename all my images I added a "0" to the texture path. Thanks again for sorting it.
Yeah, it seems that there are two separate naming conventions - this is part of the reason why I am reluctant to have image controls that look for actual local files rather than artwork in the xbmc database.

(2013-09-08, 19:40)bakito Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answers!
I just meant the "info screen" for advanced, escuse me if I appear a bit "pushy" that's not what I meant to be Smile
all the views are great for advanced, thanks
And for the horizontal stuff, well I understand the lack of room, it's logic
Cheers!
As far as I am aware, there isn't actually a real info screen for Adv Launcher at all. In xperience1080 Black used a bit of a hack to show a custom window with the information when pressing a certain direction, but I'm really not a fan of that as it is confusing which direction to press and isn't accessible from wall type views. I would add an info screen if there was a way to set what the "info" button does inside the skin - but the way it is at the moment, its just too inconsistent for my liking. Plus most of the information is available already anyway, and I'm revamping a number of views to show more information. For instance, in the latest github version there is an "info wall" view with info tags at the bottom. I'm changing the majority of the views to show this info.

jurial, something I noticed. when you bring up into while watching liveTV with the larger info display, to select the X button or the button with the two arrows, the directions key is backwards, you have to push Left direction key to go right and Right direction key to go left. I've only noticed this on LiveTV
(2013-09-09, 05:16)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]jurial, something I noticed. when you bring up into while watching liveTV with the larger info display, to select the X button or the button with the two arrows, the directions key is backwards, you have to push Left direction key to go right and Right direction key to go left. I've only noticed this on LiveTV

Ah I see. Should be fixed on git version now. It was just because I left out the "up" arrow inbetween that shows/hides the plot, so there wasn't a control to goto.
(2013-09-09, 05:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-09, 05:16)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]jurial, something I noticed. when you bring up into while watching liveTV with the larger info display, to select the X button or the button with the two arrows, the directions key is backwards, you have to push Left direction key to go right and Right direction key to go left. I've only noticed this on LiveTV

Ah I see. Should be fixed on git version now. It was just because I left out the "up" arrow inbetween that shows/hides the plot, so there wasn't a control to goto.

Cool, thanks for the quick fix.
(2013-09-09, 05:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Jurial, is there any tweak to get more info in the EPGuide?
Noticed another small color oddity on the Dark Theme. Text Entry (one with keyboard). The description text for the field you are entering for and the text it self you enter is hard to see against the faded in edges.

Reference Picture: http://i.imgur.com/EofqJRa.png
(2013-09-08, 05:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]0.3.6 - Updates to "small" osd

watch gallery

Changes to small osd on github. Wondering what people think of this? This replaces the "use smaller osd" option - the full-length video info/osd will still remain the same for the time being. There is also still the option for dark osd and to show the poster instead of clearlogo.

Images are of:
1. OSD controls
2. OSD controls with info (clicking the "i" or pressing up)
3. Info (press "info" on remote) - has options on the side for plot, dvd menu, subs, audio settings, vid settings, bookmarks
4. Seekbar - shows when pause, seeking etc.

Installed 0.3.6 last night and I'm not completely sold on the changes to the small info OSD. Don't mind the changes to the on screen controls OSD but I preferred the cleaner aesthetic of the original small info OSD in combination with the simplified seekbar see screenshots here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1491912

The things that struck me as slightly off balance was the size of the info OSD (might be just me but is it bigger than the original small info OSD?), the on screen placement (justified more to the left than centred) and personally I find the addition of the side options unnecessary and distracting.

After a while of using it I reverted to the full length OSD which also enables the simplified seekbar option.

Interested to hear other opinions about the OSD changes.
(2013-09-09, 04:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-08, 15:42)Cassiel Wrote: [ -> ]
Very strange. I can't see any reason why that would happen, must be a bug with xbmc as far as I can tell. Are you switching from xperience1080 or a different skin?
From different skin. I don't have xp1080 installed. Kinda screenshot. As you can see it's from 034 (time is not fixed), but it's the same in 036.

(2013-09-09, 07:32)pentaflake Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed another small color oddity on the Dark Theme. Text Entry (one with keyboard). The description text for the field you are entering for and the text it self you enter is hard to see against the faded in edges.

Reference Picture: http://i.imgur.com/EofqJRa.png

Yeah, i can confirm.
(2013-09-09, 09:12)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]Installed 0.3.6 last night and I'm not completely sold on the changes to the small info OSD. Don't mind the changes to the on screen controls OSD but I preferred the cleaner aesthetic of the original small info OSD in combination with the simplified seekbar see screenshots here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1491912

The things that struck me as slightly off balance was the size of the info OSD (might be just me but is it bigger than the original small info OSD?), the on screen placement (justified more to the left than centred) and personally I find the addition of the side options unnecessary and distracting.

After a while of using it I reverted to the full length OSD which also enables the simplified seekbar option.
Yeah, I'm really torn about it. Definitely agree about the side controls being unnecessary, going to remove them. I do, however, like the idea of an option for a sort of all-in-one osd. I'm thinking perhaps the best way to go would be to have the "big" osd be the full-width of the screen at the bottom (and with the option for the simple seekbar) but the modular tabbed look at the top with clocks and osd controls etc. Then have the option for the all-in-one option also.

(2013-09-09, 09:37)relyter Wrote: [ -> ]From different skin. I don't have xp1080 installed. Kinda screenshot. As you can see it's from 034 (time is not fixed), but it's the same in 036.
Ah I see. That window is Settings.xml and most skins use it to chose which settings category to go to, whereas I bypass that and go straight to the category from the home screen settings submenu. So when you change skins, because you went through Settings.xml then that is set as the previous window to return to. I think I might have an idea about how to bypass it completely
(2013-09-09, 09:12)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-08, 05:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]0.3.6 - Updates to "small" osd

watch gallery

Changes to small osd on github. Wondering what people think of this? This replaces the "use smaller osd" option - the full-length video info/osd will still remain the same for the time being. There is also still the option for dark osd and to show the poster instead of clearlogo.

Images are of:
1. OSD controls
2. OSD controls with info (clicking the "i" or pressing up)
3. Info (press "info" on remote) - has options on the side for plot, dvd menu, subs, audio settings, vid settings, bookmarks
4. Seekbar - shows when pause, seeking etc.

Installed 0.3.6 last night and I'm not completely sold on the changes to the small info OSD. Don't mind the changes to the on screen controls OSD but I preferred the cleaner aesthetic of the original small info OSD in combination with the simplified seekbar see screenshots here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1491912

Interested to hear other opinions about the OSD changes.

Same here.. i think the new OSD takes up to much screenspace.