Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated Textures.xbt for latest GIT.
Hi,
now that i have switched to the Arctic skin, i started to discover the Music library which i nerver used before. I have installed the CDArtManager addon which downloads clearlogos for each artist. Unfortunately i don't see it in the music library when browsing through my artists. Is that a bug or am i missing an option or something else ??
how can i autoupdate this skin? i installed the repo that u give in first post but i don't see it after i ftp it
Awesome skin. Its the nicest looking by far.I have searched high and low for something just like this, got a few questions if anybody can help.

1) Could you, or do you plan on adding a progress bar when going through the menus...thats the only thing I miss from the original skin. Some addons take ages and it would be good to know how much its got left to load.
2) Is it possible to make a shortcut off the main menu, for example; mail menu > favorites to addon 1channel > tv shows > favorites or re-route main menu > tv shows to the addon (1channel > tv show)

Thanks!

(2013-09-10, 22:51)hfmls Wrote: [ -> ]how can i autoupdate this skin? i installed the repo that u give in first post but i don't see it after i ftp it

I had a look, no update on mine either
(2013-09-10, 22:06)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
now that i have switched to the Arctic skin, i started to discover the Music library which i nerver used before. I have installed the CDArtManager addon which downloads clearlogos for each artist. Unfortunately i don't see it in the music library when browsing through my artists. Is that a bug or am i missing an option or something else ??
You have to set the path to where the artwork is saved in "Skin Settings > General > Path to music art". irc, the artwork should be organised into folders matching artist names with a logo.png inside them (e.g. you might have /cdartworkdir/The Cure/logo.png). You can also have an "extrafanart" folder inside the artist folder with extrafanart images.

(2013-09-10, 22:51)hfmls Wrote: [ -> ]how can i autoupdate this skin? i installed the repo that u give in first post but i don't see it after i ftp it
If you have previously installed the git version of this skin, you need to delete the directory from the addons folder and restart xbmc.
Then you have to install the repo via zip file "Settings > Addons > Install from zip file". Then the repo should show up in "Get Addons > XBMC.org Skin Development Repository". Sometime you have to do a "force refresh" from the context menu to get the repository to show its contents.
(2013-09-11, 02:23)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome skin. Its the nicest looking by far.I have searched high and low for something just like this, got a few questions if anybody can help.

1) Could you, or do you plan on adding a progress bar when going through the menus...thats the only thing I miss from the original skin. Some addons take ages and it would be good to know how much its got left to load.
2) Is it possible to make a shortcut off the main menu, for example; mail menu > favorites to addon 1channel > tv shows > favorites or re-route main menu > tv shows to the addon (1channel > tv show)

Thanks!

The repo version is still at 0.3.5 irc. I only send a request for it to be updated about once a week once I'm happy with the changes I have made on git.

1. There should be a small red loading indicator that spins in the top right - but I've never found a need for an actual progress bar. Can you give me an example of an add-on that takes a long time to load, because I haven't really encountered any that take more than a few seconds?

2. You can customise all of the home main menu and submenu items in "Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items". The top item in the left column is the main menu item (press left again to slide out the side menu and change the category between movies, tvshows, music etc.) and the ten items underneath are the submenu items you get when pressing up. Set the "type" to what you want: Favourite, Video Add-on, Playlist, Custom etc. Then click "path" to set it to the particular item you want (e.g. if you set the "type" to "video addon" then "path" will bring up a dialog with all your video add-ons to choose from).

Nice one, thanks for the instructions jurialmunkey, appreciated. It will save me navigating through the addons to get to the menu I want...going to try this today.

About the loading/progress bar, I maybe should of said Im using a (slightly) overclocked Rpi, so this could be causing the loading problem. When I put it at a 1gz, the menus did load faster, but the temps were too high. The original skin (Cant remember the name just now) does come with the progress bar, which is handy when loading pages in IceFilms and/or Project Free TV

Icefilms > Movies > A-Z > Pick a letter
Project Free TV > Last 7 days

Some of the options must pull down a lot of stuff that puts a load on the system...so the loading bar just allowed me to judge what was happening. This isnt a show stopper, it was just out if interest as I know you're still working away on this skin...dont want to be "that guy"

Again, thanks for the help and support with the awesome theme...this really should come bundled with xbmc!
Hi Jul...I was courios if you tested the immersive screen and the info in that skin
Hey jurialmunkey.

First things first - great skin, absolutely love it.

Now I read that it's "Frodo 12.1 compatible only". I switched to Gotham Alpha7 last week because of their 3D support, now I'm not sure if the issues I'm encountering are due to the skinning changes in Gotham or if I'm doing something wrong...

- I can get to the view selection any more (Arrow left in library)
- When I select Movies, TV Shows or Music I get to the file view by default. I get the view I selected when I go to "recent movies" for example.

Hope you can shed some light on this (and that it hasn't been discussed before - couldn't find it anyway).

Thanks in advance.
(2013-09-11, 02:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-10, 22:06)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
You have to set the path to where the artwork is saved in "Skin Settings > General > Path to music art". irc, the artwork should be organised into folders matching artist names with a logo.png inside them (e.g. you might have /cdartworkdir/The Cure/logo.png). You can also have an "extrafanart" folder inside the artist folder with extrafanart images.

Thanks again, works like its supposed to. I found a little design "bug" in the now playing or however you call it screen:

In the top right corner next to the clock. It seems there is something else supposed to be but it does not fit the screen.

Cheers.

EDIT: Maybe you already noticed that and i have overread it, but i can't use the controls in the OSD in LiveTV. I am using the small OSD. So i can't get to the pause, play, epg etc buttons. In TV Show or Movie i can reach these buttons.
Thanks man, found a tutorial on how to do this;
Video > Files > Source > xbmc\userdata\

I've not managed to get it working (they are empty), but I must of done something wrong.

Did you check out those plugins, did you also get long load times?
Hi Jur
Is possible to ad at the dialog video info the dvd extra script?
Here the link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:DVD_Extras
I followed the istructions but is not working. It is a reqest if there is a possibilty
(2013-09-11, 11:28)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one, thanks for the instructions jurialmunkey, appreciated. It will save me navigating through the addons to get to the menu I want...going to try this today.

Some of the options must pull down a lot of stuff that puts a load on the system...so the loading bar just allowed me to judge what was happening. This isnt a show stopper, it was just out if interest as I know you're still working away on this skin...dont want to be "that guy"
No problem! Smile
A loading progress indicator would probably be a good addition, I'm just not sure exactly how I would implement it -- maybe another circle next to the loading indicator that fills up (like how the volume circle works).

(2013-09-11, 13:00)magico77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jul...I was courios if you tested the immersive screen and the info in that skin
Yeah I did. I quite like the idea. I think for an option like that I would also need to have vertical osd controls so that it was possible to press left or right to then slide the info out. I guess it would be similar to the current LiveTV channel osd that slides out from the left.

(2013-09-11, 13:47)mancer Wrote: [ -> ]Now I read that it's "Frodo 12.1 compatible only". I switched to Gotham Alpha7 last week because of their 3D support, now I'm not sure if the issues I'm encountering are due to the skinning changes in Gotham or if I'm doing something wrong...
- I can get to the view selection any more (Arrow left in library)
- When I select Movies, TV Shows or Music I get to the file view by default. I get the view I selected when I go to "recent movies" for example.
Yeah, I'm not going to start working on Gotham support until there is a feature freeze. That said, most things should still work. I checked on my macbook which I run Gotham alphas on (for developing the Cycle skin) and I could still get to the view selection -- make sure you have Kiosk mode turned off in Skin Settings > General (that's the only thing I can think of). Also, sometimes you have to press left/down twice because of the scrollbar.

Regarding entering files view... I had a look - I'm pretty sure it is still going to the library but the view header is just incorrectly saying that it is Files -- there must have been some change regarding the ids and naming of the library structure so that the view header conditions no longer match. If this stays the same when the betas come out then its something I will have to fix -- but there really is no point in fixing Gotham specific bugs until there is a feature freeze.

(2013-09-11, 18:06)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again, works like its supposed to. I found a little design "bug" in the now playing or however you call it screen:
In the top right corner next to the clock. It seems there is something else supposed to be but it does not fit the screen.

Maybe you already noticed that and i have overread it, but i can't use the controls in the OSD in LiveTV. I am using the small OSD. So i can't get to the pause, play, epg etc buttons. In TV Show or Movie i can reach these buttons.
That is strange about the clock... something weird is going on there -- it should show 2 clocks: the current time and the finish time. I'm not sure why that is happening - I can't reproduce it on any of my machines. EDIT: Just got it to happen. Fixed on latest git version.

Are you using the git version or the repo version? Either way, you should be able to get to the osd controls. Are they not showing at all, or can you just not navigate between them? I think there was a little bug in 0.3.5 (the repo is still at this version) where sometimes the osd controls get stuck when the last time you used the osd was in a movie/tvshow and the last highlighted control was one that doesn't exist in the LiveTV controls (e.g. something like bookmarks or subtitles) - so it tries to go to return to that control but it doesn't exist so it gets stuck. This is fixed in 0.3.6 by forcing the osd to always default to the play/pause button -- 0.3.6 will go to the repo in the next couple of days.

(2013-09-11, 18:42)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey (or anybody else for that matter)
Just about the custom menu items...they actually look nicer then the originals because they fit in with the theme! But, it just creates a link to the addon itself. I dont know if its possible, but I was hoping to get a link to a folder within the addon itself. Do these custom menu buttons refer back to an xml file which I would perhaps not just link the plugin, put some switch which will direct it to the correct destination? I have searched for this type of thing, but not found anything...I just hope Im making sense haha. Cheers
Its actually really easy to do. Just go into the addon and find the folder you want. Then open up the context menu ("C" on the keyboard) and add the folder to your favourites. Then when you are setting the custom menu item, change the type to "favourite" and then go to path and select the favourite you just created.

(2013-09-11, 20:26)magico77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jur
Is possible to ad at the dialog video info the dvd extra script?
Here the link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:DVD_Extras
I followed the istructions but is not working. It is a reqest if there is a possibilty
I'll have a look. Never used it before.
(2013-09-12, 02:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-11, 18:06)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again, works like its supposed to. I found a little design "bug" in the now playing or however you call it screen:

Maybe you already noticed that and i have overread it, but i can't use the controls in the OSD in LiveTV. I am using the small OSD. So i can't get to the pause, play, epg etc buttons. In TV Show or Movie i can reach these buttons.
That is strange about the clock... something weird is going on there -- it should show 2 clocks: the current time and the finish time. I'm not sure why that is happening - I can't reproduce it on any of my machines. EDIT: Just got it to happen. Fixed on latest git version.

Are you using the git version or the repo version? Either way, you should be able to get to the osd controls. Are they not showing at all, or can you just not navigate between them? I think there was a little bug in 0.3.5 (the repo is still at this version) where sometimes the osd controls get stuck when the last time you used the osd was in a movie/tvshow and the last highlighted control was one that doesn't exist in the LiveTV controls (e.g. something like bookmarks or subtitles) - so it tries to go to return to that control but it doesn't exist so it gets stuck. This is fixed in 0.3.6 by forcing the osd to always default to the play/pause button -- 0.3.6 will go to the repo in the next couple of days.

Hi,

Clock is fixed now, thank you. Obviously i am using latest git version. Still can not get to the osd controls in livetv. However if i enable mouse input device i can hover to these controls, after that i can use them with my keyboard/remote control. But i can not get there without hovering there with my mouse. It makes no difference what has been selected before in tvshow or movie mode... There is just no blue icon when in livetv like it is in thshow or movie modeSad