Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have another small PVR request.

If I am watching a show that I have recorded and I press info, and then press up to see the plot or whatever you want to call it, the screen is blank. Now if I go through all of my recordings in the recorded tv section it does show the plot for whatever recorded show I currently have selected. This may be a limitation on PVR support as I know it is still in its infancy.

EDIT: I am using the CMYTH PVR backend if it matters.
(2013-09-13, 21:13)jskube Wrote: [ -> ]I have another small PVR request.

If I am watching a show that I have recorded and I press info, and then press up to see the plot or whatever you want to call it, the screen is blank. Now if I go through all of my recordings in the recorded tv section it does show the plot for whatever recorded show I currently have selected. This may be a limitation on PVR support as I know it is still in its infancy.

I have this issue also, not sure if its a pvr issue, the info file is created. It looks like the popup info tab isn't pointing to the info file created.

but you're right, when looking at the list of recorded shows, the info is there, it just seems its not getting transferred to the popup info box while watching.
For some reason Im loosing all my cover art in my movies and tv xbmc library, Instead of the picture, I'm presented with a light grey or a black box, if I restart they reappear...but if I click movie information > cover art I can see other pics.

Im running this on a Raspberry Pi, so it might be that its not powerful enough to have a library of 200+ on info wall haha. It doesnt happen on Confluence...only Arctic. I uninstalled and reinstall the skin, incase it was something like that, im new to xbmc so not sure if there is some way I can check whats going on.
(2013-09-13, 22:02)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason Im loosing all my cover art in my movies and tv xbmc library, Instead of the picture, I'm presented with a light grey or a black box, if I restart they reappear...but if I click movie information > cover art I can see other pics.

The library is made up of links from 1Channel and i checked the path the meta data...they are all there. I moved the storage from the sd to usb stick so it should be ok.

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.module.metahandler/meta_cache/movie/covers

Anybody got any ideas on this, it doesn't happen on Confluence...only Arctic. I uninstalled and reinstall the skin, incase it was something like that, im new to xbmc so not sure if there is some way I can check whats going on.

stop asking about piracy related problems. it is not tolerated on this board.
Great work on this skin, really loving the look so far!

I have one request in the PVR area - the timeline view feels a little cramped, quite a bit of the program name usually gets cut off in the timeline 'blocks' since they aren't very wide (for a 30 minute program).
It would be great if there was an option to change the time range from 3 hrs to maybe 2hrs so the blocks are wider..

Would be great to fit a few more channels in the view by slightly reducing font size / spacing too - when you have several hundred channels it takes a long time to scroll at 6 at a time Smile

Can't wait to see this skin progress!
(2013-09-14, 00:09)Swifty Wrote: [ -> ]Great work on this skin, really loving the look so far!

I have one request in the PVR area - the timeline view feels a little cramped, quite a bit of the program name usually gets cut off in the timeline 'blocks' since they aren't very wide (for a 30 minute program).
It would be great if there was an option to change the time range from 3 hrs to maybe 2hrs so the blocks are wider..

Would be great to fit a few more channels in the view by slightly reducing font size / spacing too - when you have several hundred channels it takes a long time to scroll at 6 at a time Smile

Can't wait to see this skin progress!

I can agree with the idea of widening the program guide time slots.
(2013-09-13, 10:12)magico77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jur.
I'm planning to add some logo of italian Studio (cattley, 01 distribution, filmauro, medusa ecc...) can you tell me the size of the png? is an easier way to create it.
Are you maybe planning to ad the extra menĂ¹ as I wrote on my last post?
They are generally 161x109 pixels, but they get scaled down for the infotags. Just make sure they are all white with a transparent background. You can add them to the skin.arctic/extras/studioflags/

Yeah I should be able to add the dvd extras option. Just figuring out where I can fit it in for movies -- I'm thinking perhaps being able to press down when "trailer" is highlighted in the same way that pressing down on play toggles between cinema experience. I have no dvd extras on my hdd, so when I add it I'll let you know because I'll need you to test if it works properly or not.

(2013-09-13, 12:38)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]i really like the all channels view on the left hand side in livetv. Now i wanted to put that as a button on my remote control. Unfortunately i can't figure out which function it is (didn't find a key in the keyboards control either). Maybe you know that? Right now i am using button "H", but i like the other view much more. Would be awesome to have a hotkey for that.
Use this command in your keymap:
Code:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)

(2013-09-13, 14:12)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]I see the info song it's the same as the info album, but then I can't add stars to a song... It's possible to review that? thanks!
Yeah I just haven't got around to it yet, so I just rerouted it to the album info for the time being. I've also got to add the ability to change the rating to the music osd. Will definitely be happening in the near future.

(2013-09-13, 14:21)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-13, 14:08)emptyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I have always thought the extra thumbs is overkill. A nice backdrop will always suffice. We skin addicts need to remind ourselves that the htpc is an interface to access media. A smooth skin with the trimmings is what is required. Jurialmonkey has nailed that with this skin.
I can understand. Maybe that is the nice thing about this skin. It all looks so clear and simple, with just the right amount of eyecandy ...
I do seem to miss certain movie info, like aspect ratio ... or am I wrong?
Yeah no extrathumbs on the main info screen. However, PatOso had a good suggestion which I will probably add about having them as a slideshow in the fanart section (if you keep pressing left on the movie info screen the fanart slides out).

Both aspectratio and audio channels are missing from video info currently as I'm not 100% sure where to put them without adding clutter, but they are something I want to add once I think of a way to do it.

(2013-09-13, 18:17)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]the timer icon, what is that suppose to show, I only see (notice) it change when something is actually in the process of recording.
It should show the timer icon when there is a recording scheduled and a record button (circle with red dot) when something is currently recording. I might add something in the top left of the simple homescreen when livetv is highlighted - however, I'm not 100% happy with the way the now playing info is shown in the top right so I want to get that sorted out first before I start adding other things up there.

(2013-09-13, 21:13)jskube Wrote: [ -> ]If I am watching a show that I have recorded and I press info, and then press up to see the plot or whatever you want to call it, the screen is blank. Now if I go through all of my recordings in the recorded tv section it does show the plot for whatever recorded show I currently have selected. This may be a limitation on PVR support as I know it is still in its infancy.
Yep, its an xbmc limitation - I don't know of any skins that show the info (if you do, let me know and I'll look at how they do it). I'm pretty sure its because when you play the recording back xbmc plays it as if it as a normal video file in your library but obviously it hasn't been scanned to the library so there is no info available to show (and no way to determine if it is a recording rather than a normal movie/episode)

(2013-09-14, 00:22)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-14, 00:09)Swifty Wrote: [ -> ]I have one request in the PVR area - the timeline view feels a little cramped, quite a bit of the program name usually gets cut off in the timeline 'blocks' since they aren't very wide (for a 30 minute program). It would be great if there was an option to change the time range from 3 hrs to maybe 2hrs so the blocks are wider..

I can agree with the idea of widening the program guide time slots.
I like the idea of reducing the epg time range down to 2 hours, I'll definitely make that change.
I understand what you are saying about wanting to reduce the size vertically to see more channels, but I wont be doing that as it will make the logos too small and will also make it harder to judge what channels the programs are on . What I do is use my kemap.xml to bind my channel up/down buttons to PageDown and PageUp when not in fullscreen video (I'm pretty sure this is the default behaviour anyway). Then I use channel up and down to quickly scroll through lists that are long.
(2013-09-14, 02:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-13, 10:12)magico77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jur.
I'm planning to add some logo of italian Studio (cattley, 01 distribution, filmauro, medusa ecc...) can you tell me the size of the png? is an easier way to create it.
Are you maybe planning to ad the extra menĂ¹ as I wrote on my last post?
They are generally 161x109 pixels, but they get scaled down for the infotags. Just make sure they are all white with a transparent background. You can add them to the skin.arctic/extras/studioflags/

Yeah I should be able to add the dvd extras option. Just figuring out where I can fit it in for movies -- I'm thinking perhaps being able to press down when "trailer" is highlighted in the same way that pressing down on play toggles between cinema experience. I have no dvd extras on my hdd, so when I add it I'll let you know because I'll need you to test if it works properly or not.

(2013-09-13, 12:38)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]i really like the all channels view on the left hand side in livetv. Now i wanted to put that as a button on my remote control. Unfortunately i can't figure out which function it is (didn't find a key in the keyboards control either). Maybe you know that? Right now i am using button "H", but i like the other view much more. Would be awesome to have a hotkey for that.
Use this command in your keymap:
Code:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrosdchannels)

(2013-09-13, 14:12)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]I see the info song it's the same as the info album, but then I can't add stars to a song... It's possible to review that? thanks!
Yeah I just haven't got around to it yet, so I just rerouted it to the album info for the time being. I've also got to add the ability to change the rating to the music osd. Will definitely be happening in the near future.

(2013-09-13, 14:21)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-13, 14:08)emptyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I have always thought the extra thumbs is overkill. A nice backdrop will always suffice. We skin addicts need to remind ourselves that the htpc is an interface to access media. A smooth skin with the trimmings is what is required. Jurialmonkey has nailed that with this skin.
I can understand. Maybe that is the nice thing about this skin. It all looks so clear and simple, with just the right amount of eyecandy ...
I do seem to miss certain movie info, like aspect ratio ... or am I wrong?
Yeah no extrathumbs on the main info screen. However, PatOso had a good suggestion which I will probably add about having them as a slideshow in the fanart section (if you keep pressing left on the movie info screen the fanart slides out).

Both aspectratio and audio channels are missing from video info currently as I'm not 100% sure where to put them without adding clutter, but they are something I want to add once I think of a way to do it.

(2013-09-13, 18:17)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]the timer icon, what is that suppose to show, I only see (notice) it change when something is actually in the process of recording.
It should show the timer icon when there is a recording scheduled and a record button (circle with red dot) when something is currently recording. I might add something in the top left of the simple homescreen when livetv is highlighted - however, I'm not 100% happy with the way the now playing info is shown in the top right so I want to get that sorted out first before I start adding other things up there.

Jurial, here's an idea. How about just displaying the upcoming recordings when "LiveTV is highlighted? (maybe the now playing could be replaced with upcoming recordings when we scroll over to LiveTV) Would that be too much additional programming?
(2013-09-14, 02:57)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, here's an idea. How about just displaying the upcoming recordings when "LiveTV is highlighted? (maybe the now playing could be replaced with upcoming recordings when we scroll over to LiveTV) Would that be too much additional programming?

Sorry that's what I meant. I don't know why I said top left the first time -- I meant top right. It shouldn't be too hard at all to add - I'm just not totally happy with how that section looks currently, thats all.
(2013-09-14, 03:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-14, 02:57)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, here's an idea. How about just displaying the upcoming recordings when "LiveTV is highlighted? (maybe the now playing could be replaced with upcoming recordings when we scroll over to LiveTV) Would that be too much additional programming?

Sorry that's what I meant. I don't know why I said top left the first time -- I meant top right. It shouldn't be too hard at all to add - I'm just not totally happy with how that section looks currently, thats all.

sounds good. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks
Quote:Both aspectratio and audio channels are missing from video info currently as I'm not 100% sure where to put them without adding clutter, but they are something I want to add once I think of a way to do it.

Personaly I care more about aspectratio and audio channels then movie ratings, would it be an idea to make both selectable so that one can chose whitch to use or maybe both if one don't mind a little clutter.
In my oppinion there is enough room for both without getting cluttered.
(2013-09-14, 02:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah no extrathumbs on the main info screen. However, PatOso had a good suggestion which I will probably add about having them as a slideshow in the fanart section (if you keep pressing left on the movie info screen the fanart slides out).

This is a really beautiful skin. I'm already addicted. I always use AEON MQ4 (and looking forward to MQ5) but this is something totally different. Really slik and beautifull.

However, I would still like to make full use of all the XBMC features, without ruining the look of this nice skin. The extra thumbs idea seems very cool and it would be nice to have it in the fanart section, just so this skin doesn't miss this feature.

Maybe the aspect ratio and audio can also be placed somewhere in the movie info screen?

I would really like to help out from now on in making this skin even better.

Here are some more suggestions/questions to start :-)

- When playing a TV show and pressing pause or I I would really like to have the 'first aired' date somewhere on that screen. I just like that piece of info. Just a suggestion of course ...
- Is clear art used somewhere in this skin? I'm missing that ...
- I have noticed RCB is integrated, but are there plans to create different views? I mean, it would be cool to have preview movie integration, like this :

The main screenshot overhere is actually a preview movie. It would be cool to have a slick Artic view especially for RCB (the screenshot you see overhere is from MQ4). Or perhaps making the existing views available for RCB integration.

Also the info screen for RCB games is not finished in Arctic.

I think RCB will be a very big feature in the future now team XBMC is planning to add full rom integration in one of the next releases ...

I'll keep posting question and suggestions...

Thanks for this beautifull skin!
(2013-09-13, 23:01)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-13, 22:02)f2000 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason Im loosing all my cover art in my movies and tv xbmc library, Instead of the cover art/fan-art, I'm presented with a light grey cover (it will come up eventually) or a black box (wont appear unless i leave menu and go back in) , if I restart they reappear...but if I click movie information > cover art I can see other pics.

stop asking about piracy related problems. it is not tolerated on this board.

Oh dear...just wanting to know if anybody has seen this problem/anybody using a RPi with this skin
Hi all,

I know this is not really Arctic related, but I would appreciate it if somebody knows the solution to this, just sent me a pm. I asked this in the artwork downloader thread but never got an answer, and since I would like to do a complete re-import of all my content just for this new skin, I thought maybe someone in here has ever had the same problem?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1435705

Thank you for trying to help.

Grave
Hi jurial...

I was wondering if you could add "running text" for the tv channels in the view on the screenshot and in the epg view. It should scroll vom left to right. I don't know if that would be much to code, if its not too much it would be a great thing to haveBig Grin