Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-04, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-04, 01:52)Tripp Wrote: [ -> ]I found a new bug. If I manually into the files and try to work on getting a filename to attach to a specific episode and TVDB is down, it should come back and say 'no info found' (or that's the error message I got on the Ace skin. In yours, it just comes back with the name of the TV show with no other information.
I'm not sure quite what you mean by 'getting a filename to attach to a specific episode'? Will gladly have a look at fixing it. Can you walk me through the steps to reproduce it?

The reason I noticed this was the scraper TVDB wasn't working for awhile so new TV episodes weren't being imported. When this happens and before I blame the scraper, I always manually work my way through the XBMC file manager and make sure I didn't misname the files. From the file manager screen, I see the file that hasn't updated correctly and if it's named correctly, I should just click on it and it will force a query with the scraper to update it's information. If there is an error, your skin only shows me the name of the TV show (I guess, it could just be the name of the folder) with no other information. I think the error message is actually above it but it's white on white and won't show up.

I was going to do a screenshot but now the scraper is working so it isn't doing it anymore. But from the TV show menu, I go to files, work my way to the directory the TV show is in and enter that TV show (in this case, it was NCIS). I selected one of the files that isn't connecting (NCIS.s01e18 for example) and click on it. It begins to query the TV scraper site but an error message happens and I should be able to read it. Unfortunately all that comes back is a largish white box with only NCIS in it. I have an OK button to get rid of the white box. At this point I figure it's a problem with either the scraper or TVDB's website, but it would be nice to actually read what the error message says.
ah this is a tough one... I don't think I'm going to be able to reproduce it unless the site is down and I'm not totally sure which dialog it is that comes up. I'll keep an eye out for it
(2013-10-04, 04:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]ah this is a tough one... I don't think I'm going to be able to reproduce it unless the site is down and I'm not totally sure which dialog it is that comes up. I'll keep an eye out for it

theoretically you could just disconnect your network or modify your hosts file.
I love this skin!

How can I make sure that I have the latest version?
(2013-10-04, 07:07)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-04, 04:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]ah this is a tough one... I don't think I'm going to be able to reproduce it unless the site is down and I'm not totally sure which dialog it is that comes up. I'll keep an eye out for it

theoretically you could just disconnect your network or modify your hosts file.
I already tried with my ethernet cable unplugged... it seems that if it is disconnected from the network it doesn't even try to search.
(2013-10-04, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-03, 13:13)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]I just discovered your skin and love it! Very nice job. For me personally, it's the 1st and only skin that can compete with Aeon Nox. Thanks a lot.

Also, I have two suggestions. I love the Classic Info view. But I think it would be even better if the posters were smaller. That way the background-fanart is more visible and more items can be shown at once. Maybe as an option?
Also, could this and other views show the 3D flag somewhere? This flag is currently only shown in the Big List view.
Thanks Smile

re: classic info. Its not really a 'fanart' skin per se. The 'poster info' view has smaller posters and you can turn the wide-info panel part off in the view options. As you can see with that view, even if I were to move the focused poster down a bit there still isn't a great deal of room to show plot info (maybe a max of two lines + title). That's why I decided to use the panel/banner sort of info for the 'poster info' view (as opposed to how 'classic info' shows the plot).

It seems that a few people would prefer source flags over codec flags, so when I add them I will make it so that the 3d flag has priority in that section of infotags (i.e. if the movie is a 3d bluray then it will show 3d rather than bluray, but if it isn't then it will say bluray etc.)

Thanks for clarifying. That makes perfect sense,

I'm fine with codec flags by the way. It's just the 3D thing. Because playing such a movie opens an external player and you have to get glasses. So it's annoying if you don't feel like doing that and you accidentally clicked one of them.
The skin is very great, thank you !

There are errors in the french translation like : Show Fanart must be Afficher Fanart and not Masquer Fanart

Edit : I just see for Transiflex, I take care

I have a bug, when I choose a view in a TV show season or episode, sometimes this is an other view in an other show
noticed something:

some R-rated movies wrongly show the G-rated Flag while other R-rated Movies show the correct flag, can't recognize any pattern yet but had to report it.

Edit: maybe it has something to do with Ember Media Manager, i scraped most of my movies with it, when i rescrape with Universal Movie Scraper, the correct rating flag shows up.
It's certainly EMM.
You can check by switching to a different skin like Confluence. If the rating is still wrong, you know it's nothing to do with Arctic.
(2013-10-05, 03:06)MeMeMe Wrote: [ -> ]It's certainly EMM.
You can check by switching to a different skin like Confluence. If the rating is still wrong, you know it's nothing to do with Arctic.

other skins show the correct rating flag, checked it already.
Sorry this took so long but I'm still having issues with running this on the Raspberry pi using rbej Gotham builds. The skin works fine up until a restart/shutdown or reboot from ssh and can only get the pi to boot with a delete of guisettings.

Here is the log from the boot. Let me know if I've done it incorrectly as this is the first log I've uploaded.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=66038

If theres no chance of getting it to work I'll just go back to Frodo as this skin is better than any I've used.

Thanks again.
(2013-10-04, 23:51)Mati24 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bug, when I choose a view in a TV show season or episode, sometimes this is an other view in an other show
Quit xbmc. In the xbmc userdata folder delete the ViewModes4.db (and any other ViewModes*.db files). Restart xbmc and set your viewmodes - they should now stay as what you set them.

(2013-10-05, 03:16)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]
no other skins show the correct rating flag, checked it already.
Its a combination of the method I use for checking ratings and what ember puts in the mpaa tags. Confluence uses a strict "Rated G" match with the mpaa tag. This means that if your tags differ from this (say in the format "USA:G") then they wont match. My matches are a little fuzzier than the confluence ones. This means that more rating styles match, but some cause problems: for example, Ember adds the full rating description -- e.g. "Rated R for graphic violence" -- As my matches are fuzzier then the "g" in "graphic" causes a match for a G rating. I might have to make the matches stricter as it seems quite a few people use Ember.

(2013-10-05, 04:00)soupboy Wrote: [ -> ]http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=66038

If theres no chance of getting it to work I'll just go back to Frodo as this skin is better than any I've used.
Thanks for the log. However, I can't see anything unusual. I have a couple of ideas about what the issue might be. However, I'm not going to be making Gotham specific changes until there is a beta out as I don't want to have to maintain two separate branches. So for the time being I would suggest switching back to Frodo -- I'll make an announcement once I start working on Gotham.
(2013-10-05, 05:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-04, 23:51)Mati24 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bug, when I choose a view in a TV show season or episode, sometimes this is an other view in an other show

Quit xbmc. In the xbmc userdata folder delete the ViewModes4.db (and any other ViewModes*.db files). Restart xbmc and set your viewmodes - they should now stay as what you set them.

(2013-10-05, 03:16)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]

no other skins show the correct rating flag, checked it already.

Its a combination of the method I use for checking ratings and what ember puts in the mpaa tags. Confluence uses a strict "Rated G" match with the mpaa tag. This means that if your tags differ from this (say in the format "USA:G") then they wont match. My matches are a little fuzzier than the confluence ones. This means that more rating styles match, but some cause problems: for example, Ember adds the full rating description -- e.g. "Rated R for graphic violence" -- As my matches are fuzzier then the "g" in "graphic" causes a match for a G rating. I might have to make the matches stricter as it seems quite a few people use Ember.

(2013-10-05, 04:00)soupboy Wrote: [ -> ]http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=66038

Thanks for the log. However, I can't see anything unusual. I have a couple of ideas about what the issue might be. However, I'm not going to be making Gotham specific changes until there is a beta out as I don't want to have to maintain two separate branches. So for the time being I would suggest switching back to Frodo -- I'll make an announcement once I start working on Gotham.

Thanks for checking anyway. Ill switch back and await your go ahead.
Would it be possible to add an episode thumbnail to the Live TV EPG/TV Channels so it can display that when no video is playing, instead of the current "No Media Playing" placeholder? I am using the WMC PVR from KrustyReturns and I know that WMC EPG contains these thumbnails so hopefully they can be transferred to the PVR client as well.
Also, is there a way to customize the mixed widget to define what views show up? For example, I would like to remove In Progress from the movies widget and just have Spotlight and New.