Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-05, 17:22)TheImmortal Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is there a way to customize the mixed widget to define what views show up? For example, I would like to remove In Progress from the movies widget and just have Spotlight and New.

This is a good idea, as I don't have many in progress either so +1 for this.

Also, regarding the logo on home screen widgets.
After hours of testing and trying files, I can't actually find anything that works consistently well.

So my suggestion would be:
Allow the option to enable and disable the logos (on home screen widgets) on an individual widget basis.

For example, I love my home screen "tv show" (panel view) widget as it has all the information presented (including logos) however...

As my movies / music don't have logos I'd likely just disable logos on this widget view BUT if I choose to enable logos on either/or of these views, it would work like this: If logo if present, disply it, if no logo is present, fall back to default image that users can replace if need be in the widget folder (where it currently resides)

This way:
Users with movie/tv/music logos are ok,
Users with no movie/tv/movies logos are ok.
Users with any configuration of logos are ok.

More views is list view Wink
Maybe an option to have a view program's available as a program widget option?

Absolutely loving this skin, it's surly close to a release as I can hardy find a flaw with it.
It's such a pleasure to use.
I'd really like to have such an artist view like this.
Also, the music videos section should have better thumbs.
(2013-10-05, 18:40)gabsaoleo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like to have such an artist view like this.

Just out of curiosity, hat do you use to scrape CDs, I'm using the universal scraper and I don't get logos etc?
Cheers,
(2013-10-05, 13:53)TheImmortal Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add an episode thumbnail to the Live TV EPG/TV Channels so it can display that when no video is playing, instead of the current "No Media Playing" placeholder? I am using the WMC PVR from KrustyReturns and I know that WMC EPG contains these thumbnails so hopefully they can be transferred to the PVR client as well.
AFAIK not currently. Its just not how the pvr backend > xbmc relationship works. xbmc requests info from the backend to fill up certain info labels (channel icons, start times, name of show etc.) which are then exposed to the skinning engine for skinners to use as they wish. XBMC doesn't provide an info-label for episode thumbs so there isn't really a way to have it in a skin.

(2013-10-05, 17:22)TheImmortal Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is there a way to customize the mixed widget to define what views show up? For example, I would like to remove In Progress from the movies widget and just have Spotlight and New.
Not currently, but in the future I will add an option to just have 'recently added' with 7 spotlight items (no in-progress).

(2013-10-05, 18:15)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Also, regarding the logo on home screen widgets. After hours of testing and trying files, I can't actually find anything that works consistently well. Allow the option to enable and disable the logos (on home screen widgets) on an individual widget basis.

Maybe an option to have a view program's available as a program widget option?
(2013-10-05, 22:51)PatrickBateman Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, hat do you use to scrape CDs, I'm using the universal scraper and I don't get logos etc?
I think this might be the way to go... but I'm wary of adding even more options. The skin settings section is getting very bloated. Will try a few things once I've finally moved house. A programs widget is definitely in the works.

You need to use the cdART Manager script -- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031
That can download cd disc art. It also downloads logos to a centralised directory. You can then specify that directory in 'Skin Settings > General > Path to music art' to use the clearlogos with the skin.

Be warned: it takes a long time to process a decently sized library.

(2013-10-05, 18:40)gabsaoleo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd really like to have such an artist view like this.

Also, the music videos section should have better thumbs.
I'm not sure what you mean. Isn't that view already there Huh

I haven't done any work at all on the music videos section. I will get to it eventually, but it isn't top priority for me.
This is a mockup. There's no view like this. I wish Jurial could make a view like that one. Smile
(2013-10-06, 00:56)gabsaoleo Wrote: [ -> ]This is a mockup. There's no view like this. I wish Jurial could make a view like that one. Smile

But there is - its called 'Big Cover'... I'm confused Huh
In Movie submenu of the first versions of Artic was an REFRESH MOVIE DATABASE button. Where is it gone!?

I use the latest Git. So is it really gone, can you please add it again, maybe in the Quickmenu or the Sidemenu...!
Hey,

I have my entire music collection sorted by album like so:

C:\Music\Now that's what I call music 1
C:\Music\Now that's what I call music 2

Etc
Etc

I have included a folder.jpg, fanart.jpg yet all of the fanart.jpg files are ignored?

I don't like the default yellow/black "music note" fan art wallpaper as its not fitting with the skin, can you allow the skin to display a fanart.jpg if present?

The reason I ask, is many compilations I use a nice white clean background with headphones "evaporating" into black musical notes (like for my ministry of sound album fanart etc) and would either like to over ride the default fanart (yellow and black Image/text) or alow the skin to check and see if a fanart.jpg is present?

Not sure how plausible it is, as not all my music has a fan art.jpg so it's not a simple "on/off" kind of switch.

But a simple fix, would be to include a clean simple, default music fanart image for when no fan art is present?

Hope that's possible,
Thanks again for all the info and updates Smile
i have a suggestion for alligning the flags, might be an idea:

I love this skin. I really do. But I just can't seem to get over the fact that the home screen in artic doesn't look good. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and the different views look so slick, it is just the home screen that needs a complete overhaul. The menu bar is just too small. The widgets are, compared to the rest of the skin, way to overpopulated, and I think there should be a better focus on the high rez backgrounds.

Don't get me wrong. Absolutely lovely views, very professional skin, just the home screen design looks bad compared to eg. AEON in my book.

Don't really know how to put it. Anyway, thanks a lot for this skin, definetely one of my favorites!
(2013-10-06, 18:07)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin. I really do. But I just can't seem to get over the fact that the home screen in artic doesn't look good. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and the different views look so slick, it is just the home screen that needs a complete overhaul. The menu bar is just too small. The widgets are, compared to the rest of the skin, way to overpopulated, and I think there should be a better focus on the high rez backgrounds.

Don't get me wrong. Absolutely lovely views, very professional skin, just the home screen design looks bad compared to eg. AEON in my book.

Don't really know how to put it. Anyway, thanks a lot for this skin, definetely one of my favorites!

I don't really consider the home screen to be that bad, but I agree it's a bit 'behind' compared to the rest of the views, though it really doesn't bother me that much - overall this is a VERY nice skin indeed Smile

Maybe a suggestion; the widgets area could be less high when the cover reflection is gone; the entire area can be smaller that way, making it more 'subtle' maybe... Smile
(2013-10-06, 19:04)mikkelnl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-06, 18:07)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]I love this skin. I really do. But I just can't seem to get over the fact that the home screen in artic doesn't look good. I've been using it now for a few weeks, and the different views look so slick, it is just the home screen that needs a complete overhaul. The menu bar is just too small. The widgets are, compared to the rest of the skin, way to overpopulated, and I think there should be a better focus on the high rez backgrounds.

I don't really consider the home screen to be that bad, but I agree it's a bit 'behind' compared to the rest of the views, though it really doesn't bother me that much - overall this is a VERY nice skin indeed Smile

Maybe a suggestion; the widgets area could be less high when the cover reflection is gone; the entire area can be smaller that way, making it more 'subtle' maybe... Smile

You know, just want to add one thing. I don't know why these days the widget needs to contain 10 movie or TVshow posters at once. I mean, Artic is all for a very clean look, I thinkt the classic XBMC widget, showing 1 TV show or Movie poster or screenshot at a time, would fit really nice in Arctic.
Again, I don't want to post mindless criticism. I just love this skin so much I think it deserves a better home screen (and in some way, I hope it will be made ;-) ) ...
could not disagree more. the home screens are absolutely perfect imo. aside from xeebo i have not seen another skin that so easily gives you access to in progress shows, newly added movies and more. certainly none are as beautiful as arctic. especially during tv season when you've got multiple shows airing a night i find it invaluable to see more than the few most recent. i think the 8 medium sized posters are the perfect balance to showcasing the art and being able to see what is available.
Got to also agree, everything in Arctic is pretty much perfection. Its got the right amount of real estate coupled with the right amount of configuration options.

I love this skin and hope it pretty much stays unchanged, other than a few bits here and there