Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friend,

I just made a donation (under name Polla) and i hope u get enough support.

Thank u for ur reply and 2bad u could not add EXPERIENCE1080 banner view
I love your skin! Fantastic job!

The main problem that I have now is that I'm creating new HD screenshots of my episodes in order to give justice to your work, especially the Lovefilm view.

Regarding that, I've found that I can't change the illustration of the episodes (series and seasons works fine) using Artic.
I need to change to another skin like Confluence in order to do so, by entering the information of the episode. Maybe this has been fixed in a later version, maybe not...

Keep up the great work you're delivering to us users!
Hi Jurial,

Screenshots for broken add-ons as requested

Hope these are okay?

Seems this add-on was installed automatically when I tried Simplicity (to check if it had a decent view for music videos) but even without a broken add-on being installed, there is overlapping of text.

One last thing, is there any chance you would consider changing the 'thumbs up' icon under director (on the movies part of the homescreen) to something more relevant... say, a director's chair?

Music videos section would be nice and pretty much complete the home screen but there's no hurry as skin is pretty awesome already... thanks for the answer though

Looking forward to more updates
(2013-10-25, 05:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-24, 09:48)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ](1) If i press up two times when in main menu and focussed on movies there is the "in progress", "recently added" and "spotlight" widget. The problem i have is that the "recently added" widget shows a movie that i've added a long time ago (3-4 months at least) and it always shows that movie (no slideshow through other recently added movies).

(2) I notice more and more lags in animations (e.g. when scrolling through videos or series; calling up the osd (in live-tv mode there are two channels where the osd comes up totally nice and clean without stuttering, the rest is not smooth). Activating the submenues on main menu stutters as well from time to time. My pc is set up as follows: Intel i5-3570k (4x 3,4 GHz), GTX 680, SSD, 16 GB Ram. So that should not be the problem. Do you want me to shoot a video of that behaviour?
1. This sort of thing is handled by xbmc not the skin. I remember reading something about 'date added' in the library being changed to be linked to the actual file's 'date created' rather than when it was scanned to the library. I understand the logic behind the change but I don't really agree with it myself.

2. Have you checked that similar lags don't occur in other skins? Both my machines are far less powerful than yours and don't have any problems. Perhaps it is related to your system settings. I recently bought a cheap Quad Core with a Radeon HD6545 and 4GB ram to replace my old lounge room htpc that was only a Dual Core w/ NVidia 7300LE and 1GB ram -- I was surprised to find that I was having all sorts of lags despite the pc being far more powerful than the old one. With a bit of research in the forums I ended up finding it was as simple as updating to the latest 13.10-beta2 catalyst drivers and setting vertical blank sync to always enabled.

Hi jurial,

thank you very very much. I downloaded a programm "newfiletime" to edit the "date created" to the time when i added the file to my library. That tip was priceless!
Concerning the lags...I have enabled the v-sync option and it seems that almost every lag is gone. The only thing i get is a very very short lag when opening one of the submenues sometimes. And the osd during livetv is lagging when i am watching an encrypted channel. free tv channels are smooth as the rest now.
However i stumdled upon a new problem lol. My livetv looks like that right now:

I have already reseted the graphics settings i just changed and i checked on my receiver which is working fine. Haven't used livetv in a while so i don't know since when that problem occurs.

One question concerning the audio format display. When i activate the osd while watching a movie that has a "DTS" sound format the osd displays the DTS as "DCA", is that supposed to mean DTS Core Audio??

In addition i would like to make a request. Could you add scrolling text to "panel list" viewmode? I have several files where the title does not fit completely.

Thanks for your hardwork. The new music visualization looks fantastic. Cheers!
(2013-10-26, 09:54)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurial,

thank you very very much. I downloaded a programm "newfiletime" to edit the "date created" to the time when i added the file to my library. That tip was priceless!

I also don't like the way they changed how they handled filedates in xbmc 12/frodo. There's an official way to change xbmc's behaviour back to the pre-frodo method, so that you wont have to manually alter any new files.

Create a text file called advancedsettings.xml, and place it in your xbmc userdata folder. Include the following text:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
        <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Now, any new movies added will have dateadded based on when they were added to the library.

This wont effect movies already in the library.
If you need to fix them, you have to remove them from the database and re-scan them.
Thank you very much. That is even betterBig Grin
(2013-10-25, 13:53)Cashtro Wrote: [ -> ]I just made a donation (under name Polla) and i hope u get enough support.
Thank u for ur reply and 2bad u could not add EXPERIENCE1080 banner view
Thanks for the donation. Much appreciated! Smile

I'm just trying to avoid adding too many viewtypes as there is already quite a few at the moment and the more there is the more work it is for me to maintain them all. However, I'll probably consider adding an option in the banner list view-options to use a smaller banner. I'll let you know when I do.

(2013-10-25, 17:17)oFredo Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding that, I've found that I can't change the illustration of the episodes (series and seasons works fine) using Artic.
I need to change to another skin like Confluence in order to do so, by entering the information of the episode. Maybe this has been fixed in a later version, maybe not...
I hadn't noticed that as I have never tried to change the artwork for an episode. Should be fixed in the latest git.

(2013-10-25, 19:11)blondeshanks Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots for broken add-ons as requested

One last thing, is there any chance you would consider changing the 'thumbs up' icon under director (on the movies part of the homescreen) to something more relevant... say, a director's chair?

Music videos section would be nice and pretty much complete the home screen but there's no hurry as skin is pretty awesome already... thanks for the answer though
The broken add-on bug was what I thought it was (I ended up installing a repo with a broken addon so I could test it). Should be fixed in latest git.

Definitely would welcome a different icon for director, I just currently don't have one. All the icons are from either 'Blacks xp1080 or Saste and Piers icon packs for xp1080. Couldn't really find anything suitable for it and I'm not the greatest at creating icons myself. Of course, you can change the icon to whatever you like in Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items. Its item 5 of movies. I might change the default to the clapboard icon as that is much better at least.

You can add music videos as a custom item. Set the type to "custom" and the path to:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,MusicVideoTitles,return)

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...nd_Dialogs for a list of things you can replace MusicVideoTitles with.

(2013-10-26, 09:54)Branphma Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning the lags...I have enabled the v-sync option and it seems that almost every lag is gone. The only thing i get is a very very short lag when opening one of the submenues sometimes. And the osd during livetv is lagging when i am watching an encrypted channel. free tv channels are smooth as the rest now.

However i stumdled upon a new problem lol. My livetv looks like that right now:

I have already reseted the graphics settings i just changed and i checked on my receiver which is working fine. Haven't used livetv in a while so i don't know since when that problem occurs.

One question concerning the audio format display. When i activate the osd while watching a movie that has a "DTS" sound format the osd displays the DTS as "DCA", is that supposed to mean DTS Core Audio??

In addition i would like to make a request. Could you add scrolling text to "panel list" viewmode? I have several files where the title does not fit completely.
I'm glad the v-sync setting helped. If you are using HDMI your livetv encrypted lags might be related to audio settings. I found that with my setup some of the "capable receiver" settings in 'System Settings > Audio Output' were causing problems. I just disabled them all (DTS capable receiver, AAC capable receiver etc.) which solved the problem -- then I re-enabled them one by one until I found the culprits and left them disabled.

I don't think the issues you are having with livetv (in the screenshots) are skin related. Most likely related to either drivers or settings somewhere.

Yeah I'm pretty sure DCA is DTS Core Audio.

Scrolling for focused item in panel list added in latest git Smile
I love this skin. Awesome job.

One question i use clear logo for movies and tvshowd and the view is great. However i cant get logos to work with music. As i dont have a option to download any. Do u know how i can get it to work?
Thx for the scrolling effect in panel list view. Looks awesomeBig Grin

Fixed the livetv thing by loading a backup of my system. Obviously a driver or something issue with my system.

Take care!
Thanks Jurial,

If its any help, I found this recent link under the Xperience1080 forum....

http://metroicon.net/

Theres a 'director' icon under Miscellaneous which I tried to edit but I can't get it to look right due to lack of knowledge and probably editing software (only got paint.net) not being up to the task. Maybe someone else knows a bit about this and would kindly create the correct icon?

As for the music videos, I'm happy to access them via the 'files' menu as and when required.

Thanks for all the hard work you (and others) put into this skin.
(2013-10-27, 15:04)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]One question i use clear logo for movies and tvshowd and the view is great. However i cant get logos to work with music. As i dont have a option to download any. Do u know how i can get it to work?
You need to use the cdART Manager script --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031
It should be in the add-on repo.

Then you point the skin to where the directory cdART Manager downloads the logos to in 'Skin Settings > General > Path to music art'. Basically the skin looks in that directory for a folder matching the artist name with a logo.png inside.

e.g. /musicartpath/artistname/logo.png

Unfortunately there isn't currently library support for disc art and clear logos for music, so the skin has to look in a physical location on your hdd for the artwork.

(2013-10-28, 00:19)blondeshanks Wrote: [ -> ]If its any help, I found this recent link under the Xperience1080 forum....

Theres a 'director' icon under Miscellaneous which I tried to edit but I can't get it to look right due to lack of knowledge and probably editing software (only got paint.net) not being up to the task. Maybe someone else knows a bit about this and would kindly create the correct icon?

As for the music videos, I'm happy to access them via the 'files' menu as and when required.
Thanks for the link - a good resource to have. I changed the default icon for director to the clapboard which I think is a more fitting icon. Music-video views will be coming soon.
(2013-10-28, 01:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-28, 00:19)blondeshanks Wrote: [ -> ]If its any help, I found this recent link under the Xperience1080 forum....

Thanks for the link - a good resource to have. I changed the default icon for director to the clapboard which I think is a more fitting icon. Music-video views will be coming soon.

Thanks Jurial,

Must admit, the clapboard is growing on me so will leave it with this Big Grin
HI Jurial, I installed latest commit 0.4.4 and with the recent changes to the videoOSD file can you advise what line(s) I need to edit so the default position is changed from subtitles to pause please. I thought changing defaultOSD id from 8 to 3 would do the trick but didn't notice any change of behaviour.

Many thanks
(2013-10-29, 21:47)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]HI Jurial, I installed latest commit 0.4.4 and with the recent changes to the videoOSD file can you advise what line(s) I need to edit so the default position is changed from subtitles to pause please. I thought changing defaultOSD id from 8 to 3 would do the trick but didn't notice any change of behaviour.

Remove lines 2 and 3:
Code:
<include condition="VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)">OSDDefault8</include>
<include condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)">OSDDefaultControlSubtitles</include>

and replace with
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">3</defaultcontrol>
Sweet many thanks