Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Archive] Arctic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-27, 02:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-25, 13:53)Cashtro Wrote: [ -> ]I just made a donation (under name Polla) and i hope u get enough support.
Thank u for ur reply and 2bad u could not add EXPERIENCE1080 banner view
Thanks for the donation. Much appreciated! Smile

I'm just trying to avoid adding too many viewtypes as there is already quite a few at the moment and the more there is the more work it is for me to maintain them all. However, I'll probably consider adding an option in the banner list view-options to use a smaller banner. I'll let you know when I do.

Hello friend, thanks for helping me out. Keep it up mate
So I just noticed today that on the home page on the TV stuff, the "In Progress" actually shows the next episode of a series to watch. I assume it gets this from the last episodes I watched. I just noticed this so if this is something your skin did, YAY because I find that so useful but if it's something XBMC has been doing I feel stupid not to have noticed. I thought IN PROGRESS was just a means to show an episode or movie that hasn't been finished viewing.

ANYWAY, one request. Because I just discovered this I would love to watch straight an episode straight from the home menu however I really prefer to look at the TV synopsis and glance through the TV stars showing up for this episode first. Is there a way to set your home widgets to not immediately play the episode or movie but head into the movie/episode description first?
(2013-10-31, 05:57)Tripp Wrote: [ -> ]So I just noticed today that on the home page on the TV stuff, the "In Progress" actually shows the next episode of a series to watch. I assume it gets this from the last episodes I watched. I just noticed this so if this is something your skin did, YAY because I find that so useful but if it's something XBMC has been doing I feel stupid not to have noticed. I thought IN PROGRESS was just a means to show an episode or movie that hasn't been finished viewing.

ANYWAY, one request. Because I just discovered this I would love to watch straight an episode straight from the home menu however I really prefer to look at the TV synopsis and glance through the TV stars showing up for this episode first. Is there a way to set your home widgets to not immediately play the episode or movie but head into the movie/episode description first?

That is done by the skinwidget service. It is implemented in quite a few skins and I agree, it is one of the best features Smile !
The main advantage is being able to quickly start a new episode, your idea for first moving to the description makes it a bit useless, so i hope it won't be added or just optional Wink
You can filter to only the unwatched episodes in your normal library view to get to the description screen fast, perhaps that helps?
(2013-10-31, 12:04)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]That is done by the skinwidget service. It is implemented in quite a few skins and I agree, it is one of the best features Smile !
The main advantage is being able to quickly start a new episode, your idea for first moving to the description makes it a bit useless, so i hope it won't be added or just optional Wink
You can filter to only the unwatched episodes in your normal library view to get to the description screen fast, perhaps that helps?

I understand people wishing to immediately watching the episode but if it did go to the full episode page, I don't find that useless. It certainly saves me quite a few steps if I'm on the home page and then click on TV shows, scroll to the series, then go to the season and finally find the episode. Personally I like the idea of when you click it it gives you a menu asking if you want to play or read more. I know another skin I used to use (Ace maybe?) would give you the option on the movie to play the trailer instead of watching the movie from the widget. Just an idea.
(2013-11-01, 00:04)Tripp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-31, 12:04)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]That is done by the skinwidget service. It is implemented in quite a few skins and I agree, it is one of the best features Smile !

I understand people wishing to immediately watching the episode but if it did go to the full episode page, I don't find that useless. It certainly saves me quite a few steps if I'm on the home page and then click on TV shows, scroll to the series, then go to the season and finally find the episode. Personally I like the idea of when you click it it gives you a menu asking if you want to play or read more. I know another skin I used to use (Ace maybe?) would give you the option on the movie to play the trailer instead of watching the movie from the widget. Just an idea.

I just add the xbmc default "in progress" playlist to a blank/spare tile on the home screen panel.
From here I have 1 button press to get to an active list of tv series that I am currently/actively watching (the same list the widget uses) Wink

Xbmc has this plylist built in, just add it to a tile in panel mode and it I'll do pretty much what you are suggesting Wink

I love being able to click and watch using the widgets, also makes the skin very kids n wife friendly Smile
What PatrickBateman suggests is currently the best way to get closest to what you want.

Its not actually possible to go to the library movie/episode info from the widgets. Skins can't set custom actions for the info button. More importantly, afaik without using a script there is no way to go directly from the home screen to the library information of an episode/movie using its DBID or filename

The skinwidgets service provides the available info (such as plot, genre, poster etc.) so I can only use what info it provides (and it doesn't provide cast).
Hi,

Really liking this theme. Does anyone know how to show lyrics on the music OSD?

Cheers
A lot of the TV Channel logos are transparent and don't show up well in the EPG - any thoughts to boost visibility of them? Will post a screenshot shortly.
Sorry for this dumb question. On page 1 of this thread, on the 2nd screenshot, "THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP" text appears on the bottom right corner. All of my movies and shows render Questions Marks here. Is there a specific file the skin looks for that may be placed with EMM?

Any help would be appreciated!
(2013-11-05, 18:57)benbour Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for this dumb question. On page 1 of this thread, on the 2nd screenshot, "THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP" text appears on the bottom right corner. All of my movies and shows render Questions Marks here. Is there a specific file the skin looks for that may be placed with EMM?

Any help would be appreciated!

that's a clearlogo. not sure if you can add it with emm or if it needs to be done from within xbmc with artwork downloader.
pretty sure it needs to be done with artwork downloader to be able to add the clearlogos to the library database.
Wow Jurial,the last version in git is wonderful. Please, don't change anything in the OSD, is perfect now, except for the icons (play, stop, etc) in On-screen, they're pixelated. Could you change the resolution? thanks!!
Small request if I may? Is it possible to add a skin option to remove "elapsed time" information in music visualisation? I have a plasma TV and I usually prefer to have no static content on the screen.

Keep up the good work, I like the feel of your skin.
Any progress on the PseudoTV skin?
(2013-11-06, 23:03)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Jurial,the last version in git is wonderful. Please, don't change anything in the OSD, is perfect now, except for the icons (play, stop, etc) in On-screen, they're pixelated. Could you change the resolution? thanks!!
Thanks Big Grin

Yeah I was still playing around with the sizes - I've made them a bit smaller in the latest git.

(2013-11-07, 17:27)Balinus Wrote: [ -> ]Small request if I may? Is it possible to add a skin option to remove "elapsed time" information in music visualisation? I have a plasma TV and I usually prefer to have no static content on the screen.
It has already been removed in the latest git version (as of 0.4.5) -- there will be an update to the wip-repo soon, just a couple of little things to iron out.

(2013-11-07, 21:34)xecutionx Wrote: [ -> ]Any progress on the PseudoTV skin?
Now that I've got the osd mostly sorted out in terms of being consistent, I should have some free time to work a bit more on the pseudotv skin. Expect something in the next couple of weeks Wink